Re: Support for WS36xx history.dat file.
- --- In email@example.com, "cgrosby" <cgrosby@h...>
> --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "wuhu_software"
> <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
> > WS36xx history.dat findings (does not apply to VWS or WS32).
> > I viewed the history.dat file sent to me by Craig who had also
> > this defect.
> > The values for that field (wind gust) are changing over time
> > this field often contains the value 51.0 (meter per second).
> > After reviewing the data, it appears that 51.0 is used as
> a "sentinel
> > value". When the wind speed is low (~2.0 m/s) the gust speed is
> > reported as 51.0. I can only assume that gust data is not
> > I have also found several instances where the wind speed value
> > contains 51.0. I can only assume that the station experienced an
> > when collecting the wind speed data from the sensor. When the
> > speed is reported as 51.0, I make the assumption that the winddata.
> speed is
> > zero (what else can you do?).
> > Since there is no clear definition for wind gust reported via
> > Heavyweather, I have decided to use the gust data when it is
> > The wind gust data, when valid, will override the wind speed
> > wind gust uploaded to the server will then be the highest wind
> > found over the past 10 minutes (as defined by CWOP). This is the
> > method used when using the currdat.lst that does not contain
> > If someone who is attempting to use the WS36xx history file
> > would kindly install version 134 and send me some feedback, I
> > appreciate it.
> > If you have any other recommendation for using this somewhat
> > wind gust value, let me know.
> > --- In email@example.com, "jjantti2"
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "wuhu_software"
> > > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Also, if anyone else is using the WS36xx history file please
> let me
> > > > know if your station is uploading normally or not.
> > >
> > > Hands up here!!
> > >
> > > I was using history.dat for a while, but eventually gave up and
> > > started using currdat.lst because the gust display was showing
> > > constant 125mph for me. I once thought it was the maximum windfindings,
> > > it could show, but after hours of contemplation I came to a
> > > this was an error condition. So, in the light of these
> > > station is likely to upload data all OK only when using the
> > > currdat.lst file.
> > >
> FROM Craig:
> I just uploaded v136 and am using histoty.dat and everything
> to work, but I want to spend a few hours uploading data and see.Got some good wind today. The wind speed is displaying the same as
> I'll keep you posted.
wind gust? I'll try v137 and see if that works.
- --- In email@example.com, "stevech" <stevech@s...>
> Re resetting rainfall totals... I wonder if their thinking is thatWell, for my part making a new history file will only come in question
> you start a new history file and that file starts with an implied
> zero in rainfall total. There is a place to define the file name for
> the history data.
on 01.01.2006 the earliest. Interesting thing is that I was able to
zero the rainfall total from the weather station, but the weekly rain
value just doesn't go anywhere no matter how many times I attempt to
clear the record.
> Memory leak... hmmm is all I can say.I think (and hope) that La Crosse is aware of the possibility of that
and considering releasing an updated version of the program with the
> So the sensing and toggling of these lines every fewGood point, especially if you do something else with the computer and
> seconds is why HeavyWeather is such a CPU hog. For that
> reason alone, I don't want it running all the time.
don't want any slowdowns. I'm getting 10-25% CPU usage spikes when HW
communicates with the station, but I don't consider that very high. I
have changed the priority of HW from Normal to Above Normal so that no
interruption in communication would occur if another (Normal priority)
process takes most of the processing power.