Re: Yet another attempt to properly handle gust data.

  • cgrosby
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2005
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"
      <higginsdj@b...> wrote:

      > One suggestion..... Every time you post a new version provide a
      > link to your site in the notice :-)
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > David
      >
      > (I know I have a link somewhere in my favourites but I just can't
      > find it at the moment)

      > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > All,
      > >
      > > I appologize for creating so many releases over the past couple
      of
      > > days. It is difficult to debug without having direct access to
      the
      > > files.
      > >
      > > I believe I may have addressed the wind gust issue for the
      WS36xx
      > as
      > > well as other station types.
      > >
      > > If someone experimenting with the WS36xx station type would
      kindly
      > > install version 137, I would appreciate it.
      > >
      > > Also, please post your WU ID and CWOP ID so I can take a look at
      > the
      > > results in case of success or failure.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your patience.

      I want to thank you so much for all your help. I finally had some
      wind today and the wind speed is reading the same as wind gust. I
      guess you know that already from the earlier emails. I'll give v137
      a try. My WU ID is KFLPLANT6 and CWOP is CW4515. Would like my
      history.dat files or do you have enough data.
      Craig
    • jjantti2
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2005
        <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
        > If someone experimenting with the WS36xx station type would kindly
        > install version 137, I would appreciate it.
        >
        > Also, please post your WU ID and CWOP ID so I can take a look at the
        > results in case of success or failure.

        I just installed version 137, as a window of opportunity came by
        (dropped few patches to other programs). Version 136 was running for
        12-14 hours using history.dat and no 125mph gusts were detected.

        Let's see how 137 performs. To see my weather data, here are the IDs
        for them:
        - WU : IUUSIMAA2
        - CWOP: CW4473