Need Help

  • w4mod
    Message 1 of 23 , May 13, 2006
      Ok, I got these 2 messages:

      The values returned by your sensor indicate a system problem. This can
      be caused by a 'stuck' sensor that always reports the same value.
      Please check your station for proper operation.

      The mean error of your daytime readings is significantly different to
      the mean error of your nighttime readings. In particular, the
      difference is 3.6 °F warmer during the night. This is often caused by
      poor siting of the sensor (e.g. under eves, in screen porch, or in
      thick tree coverage).

      Now, I change the sensor and still getting this,,, I do not know what
      else to do,, I try to do tweaks and that did not work either.. any
      suggestions are welcome.. on Lacrosse 2310...

      Miguel, w4mod
      Message 2 of 23 , May 13, 2006
        Hello Miguel,

        Are you using any tweak values right now? If so, what values have you
        entered?

        You can try setting them back to 1.0 for a day or two. It is
        impossible to say what needs to be done if you have tweaks entered
        right now.

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@...> wrote:

        > Ok, I got these 2 messages:
        >
        > The values returned by your sensor indicate a system problem. This
        can
        > be caused by a 'stuck' sensor that always reports the same value.
        > Please check your station for proper operation.
        >
        > The mean error of your daytime readings is significantly different
        > the mean error of your nighttime readings. In particular, the
        > difference is 3.6 °F warmer during the night. This is often caused
        by
        > poor siting of the sensor (e.g. under eves, in screen porch, or in
        > thick tree coverage).
        >
        > Now, I change the sensor and still getting this,,, I do not know
        what
        > else to do,, I try to do tweaks and that did not work either.. any
        > suggestions are welcome.. on Lacrosse 2310...
        >
        > Miguel, w4mod

      • w4mod
        Message 3 of 23 , May 14, 2006
          Hello, Wuhu!!

          yes, that is what I did last night, I put them back to 1.0 and I am
          going to wait for tonight's report and see what I get then go from
          there. Last time the sensor was at place on the house and I got the
          same problem,, I am think of saving some money and go high tech and
          upgrade to something else, because at the begining Lacrosee was
          great but then started the problems...

          oh, well

          thanks again

          miguel, w4mod

          Message 4 of 23 , May 14, 2006
            WOW,
            I Looked at your WU chart for yesterday. Pretty cold for Florida in
            the Spring Time.
            Looks like it may not be a serious issue with the sensor seeing that
            it is back into reality when you put the tweak back to 1.0.

            WUHU has helped me out quite a bit in understanding the tweaks.
            I would hang in there and get some data with a 1.0 tweak and then WUHU
            can see your charts and make some suggestions.

            Message 5 of 23 , May 14, 2006
              Miguel,

              It looks like your temperature sensor is bad. What does it show on
              the WUHU screen? It looks like your station is reporting temps below
              10 degrees? Odd.

              How long has it been acting up?

              Message 6 of 23 , May 14, 2006
                Miguel,

                It must have been the tweak values causing the problem as Steve
                points out.

                What values did you have in the tweaks?

                > Miguel,
                >
                > It looks like your temperature sensor is bad. What does it show on
                > the WUHU screen? It looks like your station is reporting temps
                below
                > 10 degrees? Odd.
                >
                > How long has it been acting up?
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello, Wuhu!!
                > >
                > > yes, that is what I did last night, I put them back to 1.0 and I
                am
                > > going to wait for tonight's report and see what I get then go
                from
                > > there. Last time the sensor was at place on the house and I got
                the
                > > same problem,, I am think of saving some money and go high tech
                and
                > > upgrade to something else, because at the begining Lacrosee was
                > > great but then started the problems...
                > >
                > > oh, well
                > >
                > > thanks again
                > >
                > > miguel, w4mod

                > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Hello Miguel,
                > > >
                > > > Are you using any tweak values right now? If so, what values
                have
                > > you
                > > > entered?
                > > >
                > > > You can try setting them back to 1.0 for a day or two. It is
                > > > impossible to say what needs to be done if you have tweaks
                > entered
                > > > right now.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks.
                > > >
                > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@>

                > > This
                > > > can
                > > value.

                > > different
                > > caused
                > > > by
                > > in

                > know
                > > > what
                > > any

              • w4mod
                Message 7 of 23 , May 14, 2006
                  Well, right after I move it because the other place it was it was
                  getting sun light and I move it to the other side of the house and
                  it was done pretty good, until the last few reports...

                  I am thinking of saving money and upgrade to a better weather
                  station than Lacrosse because this about 1 year old and now this is
                  happening...

                  Miguel

                  > Miguel,
                  >
                  > It looks like your temperature sensor is bad. What does it show on
                  > the WUHU screen? It looks like your station is reporting temps
                  below
                  > 10 degrees? Odd.
                  >
                  > How long has it been acting up?
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  >
                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello, Wuhu!!
                  > >
                  > > yes, that is what I did last night, I put them back to 1.0 and I
                  am
                  > > going to wait for tonight's report and see what I get then go
                  from
                  > > there. Last time the sensor was at place on the house and I got
                  the
                  > > same problem,, I am think of saving some money and go high tech
                  and
                  > > upgrade to something else, because at the begining Lacrosee was
                  > > great but then started the problems...
                  > >
                  > > oh, well
                  > >
                  > > thanks again
                  > >
                  > > miguel, w4mod

                  > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Hello Miguel,
                  > > >
                  > > > Are you using any tweak values right now? If so, what values
                  have
                  > > you
                  > > > entered?
                  > > >
                  > > > You can try setting them back to 1.0 for a day or two. It is
                  > > > impossible to say what needs to be done if you have tweaks
                  > entered
                  > > > right now.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks.
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "w4mod" <w4mod@>

                  > > This
                  > > > can
                  > > value.

                  > > different
                  > > caused
                  > > > by
                  > > in

                  > know
                  > > > what
                  > > any

                • w4mod
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 14, 2006
                    on the humidity I had 0.0900 from the last time,, on the temperature
                    I do not remmber, I think it was 1.0800 something like that...

                    I reset them,, so I am going to wait for tonight's report and see
                    what shows up... then I can access the situation better,,, if its
                    the sensor that went bad,,, then I will start saving and probably go
                    with another weather station...

                    miguel

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 14, 2006
                      Miguel,
                      My station is 3 years old and still works the same as the day I got it.
                      I would wait until tonights reports and before you make any tweaks get
                      some feedback from WUHU.
                      He has a lot of experience with the tweaks.
                      The Tweaks can get confusing and it could be easy to put a check in a
                      box it is not supposed to be in.
                      I am sure WUHU will be able to determine if it is a problem with a
                      tweak or if you have a bad sensor.
                      Fo instance is you put a humidity or temperature tweak in and check
                      the "origin" box you could get some very unexpected results.

                      Just my 2 cents
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 14, 2006
                        Miguel,

                        Looking at your WU data, I am guessing you had the 0.09 tweak on the
                        temperature as your humidity readings seem to be Ok.

                        If you want to increase the temperature readings by 9%, you would
                        enter 1.09 in the tweak. To reduce the readings by 9% you would enter
                        0.91 in the tweak.

                        Let me know if you still have problems.

                      • w4mod
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 14, 2006
                          Thanks, Wuhu!!
                          I just put 1.09
                          we will see what happens on tomorow's report...

                          Miguel, w4mod

                          wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

                          > values
                          > > > have

                          It
                          > is

                          > <w4mod@>

                          > > problem.
                          > same

                          > > the
                          > > often
                          > > porch,
                          > > > or

                          > > not
                          > > > either..

                        • Rick
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 21 12:47 PM
                            Can anyone tell me what port webcam pics are sent to WU on?
                          • utahweatherbear
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 21 1:17 PM
                              I'm sending mine to FTP port 21

                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 21 1:30 PM
                                Thanks that answered my question.

                                Rick
                                KOHWAPAK1

                                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"

                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                                  My Weather station Heavy Weather 2310 has sTopped communicating with
                                  the Computer. Its receiving data from the remote displays on the
                                  console but will not update from the console to WUHU. Ive replaced
                                  the serial to usb converted reloaded the driver for that, I've loaded
                                  the latest WUHU again, still nothing? Any ideas??

                                  Rick
                                  KOHWAPAK1
                                • Rick
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                                    log is showing....

                                    Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Could not verify console clock.
                                    Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Cannot retrieve console history because the
                                    PC clock and console clock are too far out of sync.
                                    Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Console history was not read completely. 0
                                    records were collected. 0 records were stored. 0 records were
                                    uploaded. 0 records were uploaded to Hamweather

                                    > My Weather station Heavy Weather 2310 has sTopped communicating with
                                    > the Computer. Its receiving data from the remote displays on the
                                    > console but will not update from the console to WUHU. Ive replaced
                                    > the serial to usb converted reloaded the driver for that, I've loaded
                                    > the latest WUHU again, still nothing? Any ideas??
                                    >

                                    > Rick
                                    > KOHWAPAK1

                                  • Rick
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                                      I have NO FREAKING IDEA WHY..but as suddenly as it stopped working
                                      around 2pm it started working at 6:10pm this is nuts!

                                      Rick
                                      KOHWAPAK1

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                                        Rick, the log you posted stated thet the PC clock and the console
                                        clock were not the same. Perhaps one of them autoupdated.
                                        steve

                                        wrote:

                                        > I have NO FREAKING IDEA WHY..but as suddenly as it stopped working
                                        > around 2pm it started working at 6:10pm this is nuts!
                                        >
                                        > Rick
                                        > KOHWAPAK1
                                        >

                                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > log is showing....
                                        > >
                                        > > Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Could not verify console clock.
                                        > > Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Cannot retrieve console history
                                        because the
                                        > > PC clock and console clock are too far out of sync.
                                        > > Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Console history was not read
                                        completely. 0
                                        > > records were collected. 0 records were stored. 0 records were
                                        > > uploaded. 0 records were uploaded to Hamweather
                                        > >

                                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>
                                        wrote:

                                        > > > My Weather station Heavy Weather 2310 has sTopped
                                        communicating with
                                        > > > the Computer. Its receiving data from the remote displays on
                                        the
                                        > > > console but will not update from the console to WUHU. Ive
                                        replaced
                                        > > > the serial to usb converted reloaded the driver for that, I've
                                        loaded
                                        > > > the latest WUHU again, still nothing? Any ideas??
                                        > > >

                                        > > > Rick
                                        > > > KOHWAPAK1

                                      • Rick
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                                          I reset the Console after Shutting it down removing the batteries and
                                          so forth several times..Tried it on another computer had the same
                                          errors. I'm thinking something is going bad in the console maybe a
                                          diode or something I ordered a new console if it happens again I'll
                                          replace it. This was very strange. Clocks were Exactly on the same
                                          second so that error was just plain goofy.

                                          Thanks Steve

                                          Rick
                                          KOHWAPAK1

                                          <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                                          > Rick, the log you posted stated thet the PC clock and the console
                                          > clock were not the same. Perhaps one of them autoupdated.
                                          > steve
                                          >

                                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>
                                          > wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > I have NO FREAKING IDEA WHY..but as suddenly as it stopped working
                                          > > around 2pm it started working at 6:10pm this is nuts!
                                          > >
                                          > > Rick
                                          > > KOHWAPAK1
                                          > >

                                          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > log is showing....
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Could not verify console clock.
                                          > > > Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Cannot retrieve console history
                                          > because the
                                          > > > PC clock and console clock are too far out of sync.
                                          > > > Sat Feb 28 16:19:19 2009 > Console history was not read
                                          > completely. 0
                                          > > > records were collected. 0 records were stored. 0 records were
                                          > > > uploaded. 0 records were uploaded to Hamweather
                                          > > >

                                          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>

                                          > communicating with
                                          > the
                                          > replaced
                                          > loaded

                                        • va3xq
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                                            Probably the cord from the console to the computer. Mine just died one
                                            day, console continued to worked no problem.
                                            jeff

                                            > I reset the Console after Shutting it down removing the batteries and
                                            > so forth several times..Tried it on another computer had the same
                                            > errors. I'm thinking something is going bad in the console maybe a
                                            > diode or something I ordered a new console if it happens again I'll
                                            > replace it. This was very strange. Clocks were Exactly on the same
                                            > second so that error was just plain goofy.
                                            >
                                            > Thanks Steve
                                            >
                                            > Rick
                                            > KOHWAPAK1

                                            > <steve_03222@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Rick, the log you posted stated thet the PC clock and the console
                                            > > clock were not the same. Perhaps one of them autoupdated.
                                            > > steve
                                            > >

                                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>
                                            > > wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I have NO FREAKING IDEA WHY..but as suddenly as it stopped working
                                            > > > around 2pm it started working at 6:10pm this is nuts!
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Rick
                                            > > > KOHWAPAK1

                                            > > because the
                                            > > completely. 0

                                            > > communicating with
                                            > > the
                                            > > replaced
                                            > > loaded

                                          • Rick
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 1 8:38 AM
                                              I wondered about that..but can't find that cord on line anywhere sold
                                              separately?

                                              Rick
                                              KOHWAPAK1
                                              www.wapakweather.com

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 1 10:29 AM

                                                Rick, scroll to th ebottom of this page, see if this is the cord you are looking for.

                                                http://www.greatbigoutlet.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes&sppp=100

                                                steve

                                                > I wondered about that..but can't find that cord on line anywhere sold
                                                > separately?
                                                >
                                                > Rick
                                                > KOHWAPAK1
                                                > www.wapakweather.com
                                                >
                                                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "va3xq" va3xq@ wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Probably the cord from the console to the computer. Mine just died one
                                                > > day, console continued to worked no problem.
                                                > > jeff
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@> wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > I reset the Console after Shutting it down removing the batteries and
                                                > > > so forth several times..Tried it on another computer had the same
                                                > > > errors. I'm thinking something is going bad in the console maybe a
                                                > > > diode or something I ordered a new console if it happens again I'll
                                                > > > replace it. This was very strange. Clocks were Exactly on the same
                                                > > > second so that error was just plain goofy.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Thanks Steve
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Rick
                                                > > > KOHWAPAK1
                                                > > >

                                                > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "steve_03222"

                                                > I've

                                              • Rick
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Mar 1 11:01 AM
                                                  Thanks Steve I ordered one, Just in case..but I also ordered a New
                                                  Console Yesterday so I'll be well stocked. Silly thing has run
                                                  flawlessly since it restarted last night I have no idea what the heck
                                                  happened. Thanks again

                                                  Rick
                                                  KOHWAPAK1
                                                  www.wapakweather.com