New Version 1.0.7 - With actions and audibles.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      All,

      I have uploaded a new version of WUHU to the files section (v1.0.7).

      This version will allow you to specify audibles and execute
      applications when weather station data criteria are met. Actions can
      be used to send e-mails or invoke other applications.

      If you are going to use these new features, *please* read the updated
      WUHU Readme.txt (search for Alerts within) to understand how the
      alerts are configured and what all of the available options are.
      Although I have tried to make this interface as simple as possible,
      you must understand the basic underlying concepts of actions and
      alerts in order to use them effectively.

      The fastest way to take advantage of the audibles to to download the
      add-on 'Preconfigured Audibles1.zip' and 'Preconfigured
      Audibles2.zip'. Follow the instructions in the ReadMeFirst.txt stored
      in 'Preconfigured Audibles1.zip'. This file had to be split as Yahoo
      limits the size of uploads. 'Preconfigured Audibles2.zip' contains
      more sound files.

      These sound files and instructions are *not* required for the new
      version to work, they simply allow you to quickly have a set of
      conditions and specified audio files (no Actions have been
      preconfigured). I have not yet written code to merge .ini files, and
      I do not want to overwrite your configuration data, so you have to
      manually merge the stuff if you want to use it. Again, see the ReadMe
      stored in 'Preconfigured Audibles1.zip'.

      If you choose, you can define all of your audibles yourself. Just
      install the new application then click 'Alerts' from the main screen.

      If you are interested in sending e-mail based upon weather
      conditions, this version will allow you to do so. In the updated WUHU
      Readme.txt file, there are instructions for how to accomplish this.
      There is a new command line application file in the file area called
      sendEmail-v152.zip that will will need if you want to send emails.

      I look forward to your feedback (hopefully positive!)