System Tray Icon

  • Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3 8:22 PM
      Hi All,

      This is probably trivial but I'm gonna ask anyway.  :-)

      When the WUHU program starts up, it automatically starts sending the data, and it automatically minimizes to the system tray. Here's my dilemma :  when I want to bring up the program, I have to double click on the icon to bring it up. Single clicking doesn't do it. I don't mind double clicking (I may be lazy, but not THAT lazy!) but when I do double click, it also brings up whatever program icon was immediately to the left of the WUHU icon.

      Again, not a big deal really - just a little annoying. I mean, I love the program so much I'd be happy to live with the issue if necessary.
    • Juha Jäntti
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 10:23 PM
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Deborah Kee" <debkee@...>
        wrote:

        > I don't mind double clicking (I may be lazy, but not THAT lazy!)
        > but when I do double click, it also brings up whatever program icon
        > was immediately to the left of the WUHU icon.

        There may be two options:

        1) It's a standard behaviour of the icon tray and WUHU is the only
        program that requires a double click in order to bring itself up,
        while others pop up after a single click. My best guess is that the
        icon tray is originally designed to bring up the program with a single
        click and double clicking the WUHU icon is likely to make the tray
        think you want to bring up WUHU and the program next to it

        2) It's an OS-specific behaviour. I've been using Windows 2000 once
        with my weather station and I remember the tray behaving differently
        (all programs needed a double click). On Windows 2003 Server the
        behaviour is random; Sometimes a program next to WUHU's icon pops up,
        sometimes not.

        Is there anything to do then? I have three options:
        1) Live with it. For my part, I have no problems dealing with the way
        WUHU pops up. If it brings up the program next to it, I just minimize
        it back.
        2) WUHU Software modifies the program to bring it up on a single click.
        3) Ask Microsoft to deal with the problem (They may fix the problem in
        the next Service Pack :) ).

        Best Regards,
        Juha
        ------------------------------------
        http://kwcenter.mine.nu/
        (English version opens Q3/2006)
        ------------------------------------
        AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki
        CWOP : CW4473
        W.U. : IUUSIMAA2
        ------------------------------------
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4 4:00 AM
          Just my 2 cents.
          I very much like the fact that it starts automatically and minimizes
          to the system tray. Yes I have opened the program next to it, but if I
          am careful and put the cursor on the icon it only opens WUHU.
          One click would be fine if that was possible, but I hope nothing else
          changes in the way it opens automatically and minimizes.
          I am a "clicker" and would probably double click even if I only needed
          to click once.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 4 6:58 AM
            Deborah,

            I ran in to the same annoying problem myself. I had something on the
            tray that would pop up when I double clicked the WUHU icon. I removed
            that program and the problem had gone away. I thought it was an
            isolated incident so I ignored the problem.

            To correct the situation I have added the code as you suggested so
            that only a single click is required to restore the display.

            Thanks.

            Download Page:

            http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

            Message 5 of 8 , May 4 12:27 PM
              Wow!  Works like a charm!

               The problem happened with any program icon that was to the left of the WUHU icon. You've fixed it! I'm constantly amazed at how quickly youcan do modifications to the program. Thanks!!!

              ~ Deborah

              <debkee@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > This is probably trivial but I'm gonna ask anyway.  :-)
              >
              > When the WUHU program starts up, it automatically starts sending
              the data,
              > and it automatically minimizes to the system tray. Here's my
              dilemma:  when
              > I want to bring up the program, I have to double click on the icon
              to bring
              > it up. Single clicking doesn't do it. I don't mind double clicking
              (I may be
              > lazy, but not THAT lazy!) but when I do double click, it also
              brings up
              > whatever program icon was immediately to the left of the WUHU icon.
              >
              > Again, not a big deal really - just a little annoying. I mean, I
              love the
              > program so much I'd be happy to live with the issue if necessary.

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              WUHU Download page:
              http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

              Personal weather station Weather stations

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Message 6 of 8 , May 4 3:29 PM
                WUHU,
                Just curious did you start at version 1?

                Just since I have been involved which is just a few Months the version
                has jumped over 50 different vesions.
                Amazing !!!!!
                Message 7 of 8 , May 4 7:08 PM
                  Steve,

                  The revisions started at v100, there have been 89 releases since.

                  Most changes have been small, but there have been many changes (for the
                  better I hope).

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 4 7:33 PM
                    May have found the problem, no errors since 21:40.
                    I think I maxed out my computerwhile a Virus Scan was running. I
                    usually do not use the computer much when it is running as it really
                    eats up CPU usage. Tonight I was tracking some live flights that my
                    son is traveling on, Had 5 or 6 windows open, Web Cam broadcasting and
                    live Rapid Fire. I checked my CPU usage and it was at 100% until I
                    shut down the virus scan.
                    Hope that was it.