Re: v197, reduced precision on weather data except for pressure and rainfall.

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2006

      > I have updated the software to reduce the precision for all weather
      > data except for pressure and rainfall (these require 2 digits of
      > precision).
      >
      > On the upload side, I have restarted the timer prior to the upload.
      > This should reduce the time drift somewhat. Since users can specify
      > any minimum upload period, (from 0 to N seconds), I have decided to
      > not base the upload interval on the clock time at this point. That
      > may change later.
      >
      > The latest version, v197 is available for Beta testing.

      I'm dropping in for the Beta test.

      My suggestion for the one digit vs. two digit temperature dilemma is
      that you should add an option in WUHU to enable the two-digit mode for
      those who see it useful.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      ----------------------------
      AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki
      CWOP : CW4473
      W.U. : IUUSIMAA2
      ----------------------------
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2006
        Steve,

        Because the console returns metric units, and is converted to decimal
        using conversion factors, this gives the impression that there is
        greater precision that there really is.

        If you look at the graph data samples (pick a sample on the graph), it
        shows 2 digits of precision (ie. 56.02) for outside temperature. If you
        click the 'Data' tab and view the data, it is listed as 56.0.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2006
          Ok, the old conversion factor. Ok thanks for the explaination, I knew
          it had to be something simple that I was missing.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2006
            V197 Up and running fine.

            Miss that digit:<

            Just kidding