Re: v197, reduced precision on weather data except for pressure and rainfall.

    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2006
      Steve,

      I am pretty sure that the resolution of the weather data except for
      the pressure and rainfall have a 1/10 resolution.

      Here are the specs from the manual:

      Outdoor data:
      Transmission Distance in Open Field: 100ft max.
      Temperature Range : -21.8°F to +157.8°F (show OFL" if outside range)
      Resolution : 0.2°F
      Measuring Range Rel. Humidity : 20% to 95% (if the relative humidity
      is less than 20% or greater than 95%, it will display 19% or 96%)
      Rain Volume Display : 0 to 39.37 inches (1h and 24h rainfall) 0 to
      98.38 inches (Total rainfall)
      Resolution : 0.1mm
      Wind Speed : 0 to 111.8 mph
      Resolution : 0.1 mph
      Wind Direction : Graphic Resolution 22.5 Degrees, Numerical
      Resolution, Letter format

      Indoor data
      Pressure/ temperature : 4 times per minute
      Indoor Temperature Range : 14.1°F to + 139.8°F (shows "OFL" if
      outside range)
      Resolution : 0.2°F
      Measuring Range Rel. Humidity : 20% to 95% (if the relative humidity
      is less than 20% or greater than 95%, it will display 19% or 96%)
      Resolution : 1%
      Measuring Range Air Pressure : 8.85 inHg to 32.45 inHg (Standard air
      pressure at an altitude of 30,000 ft is around 8.85 inHg)
      Resolution . 0.01 inHg

      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2006
        Steve,

        If you mean the raw data in the HW Pro history file, it will not
        change. They had already limited the precision of the weather variables
        (except for rain and air pressure data).

        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2006
          1st I was refering to the decimal places in WUHU. If the console does
          not have that resolution, then how does WUHU get that extra decimal
          place on th etemperature & dew Point?
          The raw data I was refering to was at the findu site.
          I am just trying to understand all this.
          Thanks, Steve
        • Juha Jäntti
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2006

            > I have updated the software to reduce the precision for all weather
            > data except for pressure and rainfall (these require 2 digits of
            > precision).
            >
            > On the upload side, I have restarted the timer prior to the upload.
            > This should reduce the time drift somewhat. Since users can specify
            > any minimum upload period, (from 0 to N seconds), I have decided to
            > not base the upload interval on the clock time at this point. That
            > may change later.
            >
            > The latest version, v197 is available for Beta testing.

            I'm dropping in for the Beta test.

            My suggestion for the one digit vs. two digit temperature dilemma is
            that you should add an option in WUHU to enable the two-digit mode for
            those who see it useful.

            Best Regards,
            Juha
            ----------------------------
            AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki
            CWOP : CW4473
            W.U. : IUUSIMAA2
            ----------------------------
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2006
              Steve,

              Because the console returns metric units, and is converted to decimal
              using conversion factors, this gives the impression that there is
              greater precision that there really is.

              If you look at the graph data samples (pick a sample on the graph), it
              shows 2 digits of precision (ie. 56.02) for outside temperature. If you
              click the 'Data' tab and view the data, it is listed as 56.0.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                Ok, the old conversion factor. Ok thanks for the explaination, I knew
                it had to be something simple that I was missing.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                  V197 Up and running fine.

                  Miss that digit:<

                  Just kidding