Re: v197, reduced precision on weather data except for pressure and rainfall.

    Message 1 of 11 , May 2 4:27 PM
      I also looked at the raw data for V197 vs V196 and did not see any
      difference. I must be missing something.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 2 6:22 PM
        Steve,

        I am pretty sure that the resolution of the weather data except for
        the pressure and rainfall have a 1/10 resolution.

        Here are the specs from the manual:

        Outdoor data:
        Transmission Distance in Open Field: 100ft max.
        Temperature Range : -21.8°F to +157.8°F (show OFL" if outside range)
        Resolution : 0.2°F
        Measuring Range Rel. Humidity : 20% to 95% (if the relative humidity
        is less than 20% or greater than 95%, it will display 19% or 96%)
        Rain Volume Display : 0 to 39.37 inches (1h and 24h rainfall) 0 to
        98.38 inches (Total rainfall)
        Resolution : 0.1mm
        Wind Speed : 0 to 111.8 mph
        Resolution : 0.1 mph
        Wind Direction : Graphic Resolution 22.5 Degrees, Numerical
        Resolution, Letter format

        Indoor data
        Pressure/ temperature : 4 times per minute
        Indoor Temperature Range : 14.1°F to + 139.8°F (shows "OFL" if
        outside range)
        Resolution : 0.2°F
        Measuring Range Rel. Humidity : 20% to 95% (if the relative humidity
        is less than 20% or greater than 95%, it will display 19% or 96%)
        Resolution : 1%
        Measuring Range Air Pressure : 8.85 inHg to 32.45 inHg (Standard air
        pressure at an altitude of 30,000 ft is around 8.85 inHg)
        Resolution . 0.01 inHg

        Message 3 of 11 , May 2 6:25 PM
          Steve,

          If you mean the raw data in the HW Pro history file, it will not
          change. They had already limited the precision of the weather variables
          (except for rain and air pressure data).

          Message 4 of 11 , May 2 6:45 PM
            1st I was refering to the decimal places in WUHU. If the console does
            not have that resolution, then how does WUHU get that extra decimal
            place on th etemperature & dew Point?
            The raw data I was refering to was at the findu site.
            I am just trying to understand all this.
            Thanks, Steve
          • Juha Jäntti
            Message 5 of 11 , May 2 10:54 PM

              > I have updated the software to reduce the precision for all weather
              > data except for pressure and rainfall (these require 2 digits of
              > precision).
              >
              > On the upload side, I have restarted the timer prior to the upload.
              > This should reduce the time drift somewhat. Since users can specify
              > any minimum upload period, (from 0 to N seconds), I have decided to
              > not base the upload interval on the clock time at this point. That
              > may change later.
              >
              > The latest version, v197 is available for Beta testing.

              I'm dropping in for the Beta test.

              My suggestion for the one digit vs. two digit temperature dilemma is
              that you should add an option in WUHU to enable the two-digit mode for
              those who see it useful.

              Best Regards,
              Juha
              ----------------------------
              AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki
              CWOP : CW4473
              W.U. : IUUSIMAA2
              ----------------------------
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3 5:44 AM
                Steve,

                Because the console returns metric units, and is converted to decimal
                using conversion factors, this gives the impression that there is
                greater precision that there really is.

                If you look at the graph data samples (pick a sample on the graph), it
                shows 2 digits of precision (ie. 56.02) for outside temperature. If you
                click the 'Data' tab and view the data, it is listed as 56.0.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 3 8:58 AM
                  Ok, the old conversion factor. Ok thanks for the explaination, I knew
                  it had to be something simple that I was missing.

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 3 4:30 PM
                    V197 Up and running fine.

                    Miss that digit:<

                    Just kidding