Suggestions for next WUHU update

  • vize84
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2006
      I think WUHU is a very nice light software to upload mu ws2300 data on
      internet...I've 2 suggestions for next update...

      1) I set upload time to 300 sec (5 minutes) but I've seen that upload
      interval is usually higher from 1 to 5 or 6 seconds to the nominal
      value so even if I start uploading for example at 15.00 (to have
      rounded minutes as: 00,05,10,15 etc...), after some upload this small
      error (that's cumulative) makes upload time to be, for example, 16.11
      instead of 16.10 and so on...A possible suggstion should be to insert
      in the record sent to wundergroud a time taken from a pattern that the
      user can select (that has for example rounded scheme like 00,05,10,15
      etc for 5 minutes interval and 00,15,30,45 for 15 minutes interval)
      insted of the time at wich the upload is really made, to make data
      history to have a better and precise look, I guess some other software
      do similar thing...

      2) Next advice, that's not to fix a problem at all but only to give
      the user a useful option. This is the possibility to send records to
      awekas with only 1 number after the dot, that means for example send
      15.8 °C would be better than send the 15.78 °C, since my ws2300
      consolle display only 1 number ather the dot too.

      Thanks a lot for reading...sorry for my bad english but I'm
      italian...I hope you could answer to my question soon, thx again!
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2006
        vize84,

        I have updated the software to reduce the precision for all weather
        data except for pressure and rainfall (these require 2 digits of
        precision).

        On the upload side, I have restarted the timer prior to the upload.
        This should reduce the time drift somewhat. Since users can specify
        any minimum upload period, (from 0 to N seconds), I have decided to
        not base the upload interval on the clock time at this point. That
        may change later.

        The latest version, v197 is available for Beta testing.

        Download page:

        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "vize84" <vize84@...>

        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2006
          I am not sure I understand this latest update.
          I know our console's only show the 10ths, but WUHU does show the 100th
          and it is not always a zero. For instance my low temp was 37.76
          I know that I do not need that precise of a reading, but I am confused
          as to why it would be better to drop the last digit.

          Thanks, Steve
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2006
            I also looked at the raw data for V197 vs V196 and did not see any
            difference. I must be missing something.

            Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2006
              Steve,

              I am pretty sure that the resolution of the weather data except for
              the pressure and rainfall have a 1/10 resolution.

              Here are the specs from the manual:

              Outdoor data:
              Transmission Distance in Open Field: 100ft max.
              Temperature Range : -21.8°F to +157.8°F (show OFL" if outside range)
              Resolution : 0.2°F
              Measuring Range Rel. Humidity : 20% to 95% (if the relative humidity
              is less than 20% or greater than 95%, it will display 19% or 96%)
              Rain Volume Display : 0 to 39.37 inches (1h and 24h rainfall) 0 to
              98.38 inches (Total rainfall)
              Resolution : 0.1mm
              Wind Speed : 0 to 111.8 mph
              Resolution : 0.1 mph
              Wind Direction : Graphic Resolution 22.5 Degrees, Numerical
              Resolution, Letter format

              Indoor data
              Pressure/ temperature : 4 times per minute
              Indoor Temperature Range : 14.1°F to + 139.8°F (shows "OFL" if
              outside range)
              Resolution : 0.2°F
              Measuring Range Rel. Humidity : 20% to 95% (if the relative humidity
              is less than 20% or greater than 95%, it will display 19% or 96%)
              Resolution : 1%
              Measuring Range Air Pressure : 8.85 inHg to 32.45 inHg (Standard air
              pressure at an altitude of 30,000 ft is around 8.85 inHg)
              Resolution . 0.01 inHg

              Message 6 of 11 , May 2, 2006
                Steve,

                If you mean the raw data in the HW Pro history file, it will not
                change. They had already limited the precision of the weather variables
                (except for rain and air pressure data).

                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2006
                  1st I was refering to the decimal places in WUHU. If the console does
                  not have that resolution, then how does WUHU get that extra decimal
                  place on th etemperature & dew Point?
                  The raw data I was refering to was at the findu site.
                  I am just trying to understand all this.
                  Thanks, Steve
                • Juha Jäntti
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 2, 2006

                    > I have updated the software to reduce the precision for all weather
                    > data except for pressure and rainfall (these require 2 digits of
                    > precision).
                    >
                    > On the upload side, I have restarted the timer prior to the upload.
                    > This should reduce the time drift somewhat. Since users can specify
                    > any minimum upload period, (from 0 to N seconds), I have decided to
                    > not base the upload interval on the clock time at this point. That
                    > may change later.
                    >
                    > The latest version, v197 is available for Beta testing.

                    I'm dropping in for the Beta test.

                    My suggestion for the one digit vs. two digit temperature dilemma is
                    that you should add an option in WUHU to enable the two-digit mode for
                    those who see it useful.

                    Best Regards,
                    Juha
                    ----------------------------
                    AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki
                    CWOP : CW4473
                    W.U. : IUUSIMAA2
                    ----------------------------
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                      Steve,

                      Because the console returns metric units, and is converted to decimal
                      using conversion factors, this gives the impression that there is
                      greater precision that there really is.

                      If you look at the graph data samples (pick a sample on the graph), it
                      shows 2 digits of precision (ie. 56.02) for outside temperature. If you
                      click the 'Data' tab and view the data, it is listed as 56.0.

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                        Ok, the old conversion factor. Ok thanks for the explaination, I knew
                        it had to be something simple that I was missing.

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                          V197 Up and running fine.

                          Miss that digit:<

                          Just kidding