It's starting to get annoying

  • Ron W
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
      This is the 3rd time my outdoor sensor has stopped transmitting, a WS-
      2317-CP from Sam's Club, just barely 4 months old. It stopped
      transmitting at about 10:00 last night and I got it restarted at
      almost 6:00 this morning.

      Interesting fact though, once I got it reset the Tabular Data on my WU
      page started updating instantly but the graphs took some time to start
      updating.

      Has anyone else had this problem?

      Thanks,

      Ron
    • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006

        Yes and the unit was replaced, and started to do it again after 2 days of flawless operation.  When queried as to the problem, I was told that there must be some sort of radio frequency interference, not necessarily from something of min, but something in the area causing the interruption.

        Jeff L.

        The Wilton Weather Guy

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
          I wonder if there is a way the sensor could be reset electronically
          through software rather that a manual reset?

          Ron

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux"
          <jefcled@...> wrote:

          > Yes and the unit was replaced, and started to do it again after 2
          days of
          > flawless operation. When queried as to the problem, I was told
          that there
          > must be some sort of radio frequency interference, not necessarily
          from
          > something of min, but something in the area causing the
          interruption.

          > Jeff L.
          >
          > The Wilton Weather Guy
          >

          > _____

          t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+we

          ather+station&w2=Weather+stations&c=2&s=52&.sig=6lAO0xoHPYcMZSWeo0ynY

          > weather station
          >
          > Weather
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+st
          > ation&w2=Weather+stations&c=2&s=52&.sig=mCg5OtfkJ71Bm1ARjZBU_w>
          stations

          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "wuhu_software_group
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group> " on the web.

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
            Not that I am aware of.

            I will look over the memory map to see if there is any known 're-
            sync' interface but I am doubtful.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>
            wrote:

            > I wonder if there is a way the sensor could be reset electronically
            > through software rather that a manual reset?
            >
            > Ron
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux"
            > <jefcled@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes and the unit was replaced, and started to do it again after 2
            > days of
            > > flawless operation. When queried as to the problem, I was told
            > that there
            > > must be some sort of radio frequency interference, not
            necessarily
            > from
            > > something of min, but something in the area causing the
            > interruption.
            > >

            > > Jeff L.
            > >
            > > The Wilton Weather Guy
            > >

            > > _____

          • Ron W
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
              Thanks,

              It sure would be nice.

              BTW does La Crosse have a 1-800 number?

              Ron

              > Not that I am aware of.
              >
              > I will look over the memory map to see if there is any known 're-
              > sync' interface but I am doubtful.
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I wonder if there is a way the sensor could be reset
              electronically
              > > through software rather that a manual reset?
              > >
              > > Ron
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux"
              > > <jefcled@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Yes and the unit was replaced, and started to do it again
              after 2
              > > days of
              > > > flawless operation. When queried as to the problem, I was
              told
              > > that there
              > > > must be some sort of radio frequency interference, not
              > necessarily
              > > from
              > > > something of min, but something in the area causing the
              > > interruption.
              > > >

              > > > Jeff L.
              > > >
              > > > The Wilton Weather Guy
              > > >

              > > > _____

            • stevech
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2006
                La Crosse is a No. American reseller of an Asian product. Those products are
                sold on other continents under other names. La Crosse has a few customer
                support reps and a sales force. I have long wondered how much influence they
                really have over the products' design and the correction of design flaws.
                Probably only nudge-influence on future products given La Crosse's market
                share for the manufacturer.

                > I will look over the memory map to see if there is any known 're-
                > sync' interface but I am doubtful.
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I wonder if there is a way the sensor could be reset
                electronically
                > > through software rather that a manual reset?
                > >
                > > Ron
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux"
                > > <jefcled@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Yes and the unit was replaced, and started to do it again
                after 2
                > > days of
                > > > flawless operation. When queried as to the problem, I was
                told
                > > that there
                > > > must be some sort of radio frequency interference, not
                > necessarily
                > > from
                > > > something of min, but something in the area causing the
                > > interruption.
                > > >

                > > > Jeff L.
                > > >
                > > > The Wilton Weather Guy
                > > >

                > > > _____

                To visit your group on the web, go to:

                Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a
                minimum)?http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/join

                WUHU Download page:
                http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
                Yahoo! Groups Links