RE: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Anyone else have a problem with COM port and XP?

  • Springer,James C.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 9:32 AM
      > From: wuhu_software [mailto:wuhu_software@...]
      >
      > I would suspect that there is some type of resource conflict such
      > as multiple devices attempting to be "com1", like modems or other
      > devices.
      >
      > Another problem may be a shared IRQ conflict. If possible, do not
      > share the com port IRQ with another device. If other devices are
      > sharing the same IRQ, and they cannot be moved to other IRQs, try
      > removing the device from the computer.

      Thanks for your suggestions. I highly doubt it is a conflict though
      because I currently have no other devices on the COMs. Device Manager
      doesn't report a conflict either. But nonetheless I'll reverify this
      info.

      Also, I'll give the FIFO buffer mod a shot too. Frankly not too hopeful
      here either as I can talk to the weather station (with FIFO buffers on)
      but only after that manual uninstall of the com port and reboot.
      Definitely worth a shot though.

      Just as a reference, I thought Microsoft's knowledge base article
      #283063 had similarities to this problem, though not exactly (and it was
      Win2K, not XP). I did however try the registry change to no avail.

      I'll also have to look into that IO Gear USB/Serial you mentioned.

      Again, thanks for the input, I'll explore a little more.

      Jim

      E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the
      addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the
      intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
      immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you
      are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
      storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.