Re: Outdoor Sensor stopped transmitting

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2006
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>
      wrote:

      > All I did to get it restarted this morning was hit the up key
      > until beep, and it started working again.
      >
      > This is the second time it has stopped transmitting. Any ideas as to
      > what might be wrong or what I might look for?

      My best guess for the transmit loss would be that some outside
      interference cut the signal and you were forced to do a Sensor Relearn
      on the console.

      How far away is the Thermo/Hygro sensor to the console and are there
      any interference emitting equipment near the console such as a TV,
      monitor, cell phone, or the like? Is there a wall between the sensor
      and console? Those are the most common connection killers.
      Start by moving the console (or the equipment) to a place with less
      interference (like another room not far from the sensor).

      Is the console wired to the sensor instead? It might be just a loose
      connection. I recommend checking the cables for any damage in both the
      sensor and the console. Do remember that cables are just as prone to
      interference as wireless connections and the possibility for losing
      connection to the sensor is equally comparable to the lenght of the cable.

      > Is there anyway to restore the lost data?

      If you are referring to the data between the connection loss and
      regain, they are irreversibly lost. The sensor has no memory in itself
      so there's no way to recover the data.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki