Very Dry

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2006
      Well brush fires and forest fires are now very common in the North
      East. We had a pretty good forest fire in my town today. Needed many
      towns and a helicopter to get it under control. At least I think it is
      now, but they are still working on it. More trucks just went out,
      probably another one. We have fire trucks from many miles away
      covering our station as well as an ambulance from a town about a 1/2
      hour away. It has been extremely dry, low humidity, windy and no rain
      since the 7th and we had no snow pack to melt this year. Looking
      forward to some rain this weekend, but due to the low humidity the
      last couple of storms that were supposed to move in and provide some
      rain dried up before they got here.

      I am sure wells will be dry if we don't get alot of much needed rain.