Discrepancy between site KTXHENLY1 and wuhu rainfall

  • Bill Meister
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2006
      Good morning:
      I have wuhu version 1.0.189.
      It's raining currently.
      The most current record showing in "Tabular Data For April 21, 2006" indicates 0.55 inches rain at 02:28.
      Yet the "Current>Precipitation in Daily Statistics shows only 0.02 inches, as it has for the last 15 minutes or so since I opened the page. Refreshing the page has no effect except to update the "Tabular Data"
      Wuhu accurately shows 0.55 in the "Current column,Rainfall Daily"

      I'm the unofficial weather guy in my neighborhood with many absentee property owners looking at the site to determine local weather conditions.

      We haven't received much rain until recently and a lot of people are going to check this site ,KTXHENLY1 to see how much rain we received. I'm going to get emails asking about this discrepancy.

      Can you help?

      Thanks

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2006
        Bil,,

        I just checked your history page at WU, it shows:

        Precipitation 0.55in

        In the daily statistics.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Meister" <Bill@...>
        wrote:

        > Good morning:
        > I have wuhu version 1.0.189.
        > It's raining currently.
        > The most current record showing in "Tabular Data For April 21,
        2006" indicates 0.55 inches rain at 02:28.
        > Yet the "Current>Precipitation in Daily Statistics shows only 0.02
        inches, as it has for the last 15 minutes or so since I opened the
        page. Refreshing the page has no effect except to update the "Tabular
        Data"
        > Wuhu accurately shows 0.55 in the "Current column,Rainfall Daily"
        >
        > I'm the unofficial weather guy in my neighborhood with many
        absentee property owners looking at the site to determine local
        weather conditions.

        > We haven't received much rain until recently and a lot of people
        are going to check this site ,KTXHENLY1 to see how much rain we
        received. I'm going to get emails asking about this discrepancy.

        > Can you help?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Bill

      • Bill Meister
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2006
          Good morning:
          Thanks for yout reply.
          Yes.
          I just looked at it at 0928 and it does read 0.55.
          But at the time I sent the email, it read 0.02.
          Believe me, I refreshed the screen many times and had current time-based data in the tabular data.
          But the daily was displaying 0.02. Even as the tabular data displayed 0.55.
          Is there some sort of time delay in updating the Daily Statistics?
          Could it take, say, an hour to reflect the tabular data?
          The rain started at 0159 and was over by 0225.
          (I'm not normally conscious at that hour but the rain woke us and I was interested in the rain display).
          Thanks
          Bill

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2006
            Bill,

            That is a good question for John at WU.

            I am not sure when they update the daily stats.

            Thanks.