unable to report/weatherstation destroyed, KIATREYN2

  • hlr11@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2014

      Hoping for some help w\probably new site. Had severe damage to most of our house & lost a lot of interior possesions, anything outside was completely destroyed, My Oregon scientific Weather station was in several dozen pieces underneath pole/mount, destroyed by softball size hail, also had 80+mph wind with 6.75" rain in same storm. Anyway, used to be able to "post" messages re station status, I cannot find anymore, & would like to post info about why down\when potentially up again. (used to be able see past stats when station was down, cannot find this either w\station not reporting). Anyone know if the status report still available & how to access?

      RickH, (aka, rlh11)

    • orion_jb2001
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2014
        Can't help with the info re the status update of your site, but sorry to here you got hit by such a storm :(.  Similar experience a couple of years ago but not as big hail though. A you tube link to that storm;  Tamworth Hail Storm

        you will note at the end of the clip, the action in the pool and my volunteer firefighter pager going off.  As usual in such occurrences, we are called out to help the community, 5 days later we were on top of the jobs.  Poor old car had 35 hits from hail even parked under the car port, but same car today looks brand new with the job they did fixing the dents.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2014
          Yes it is on your city page on the left above the map or webcam image.

          Steve
        • Chris Mattingly
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2014
            I usually go to my PWS page and update it from there (though, luckily, no need to since my Davis upgrade in December. :) ).

            http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/mypws

            -Chris

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2014
              Sorry meant your station page.
            • H. Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2014
                Do you know if the station is actually uploading to WU? I wonder if a station sensor is broken and your data is not complete? Does N/A show up in the main WUHU screen for any of the data?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 6, 2014
                Thanks everyone! Don't often post\(ask for help,[wife says it's "a guy thing?!?]), but get get daily updates that I pay attention to. Had just ran almost 6wks , almost flawlessly, after going 'round & 'round with dsl provider for 18mo over what "unlimited" access was supposed to be. Really tuff to go down so completely & so Quickly. Don't know how quickly I can get going again, (anyone have an operational station they have retired? & let go "on the Cheap"?), adjuster still 5+ days out.Talked w\him this am, in Blair Ne., "totaling" what he estimated over 5500 new vehicles before starting on 3-5 days of property claims & moving our way. The damage thru this area was horrendous, & he compares to Hurricane Sandy .Am trying to attach a couple pics of house to give an idea of scope of damage. I have "lived & died" weather & astronomy for 15yr, managed to save the 2 telescopes that were set up on a semi perminate basis, but hadn't given a thought to protecting\saving my weather equipment. Ah well such is life, Per Ardua ad Astra.

                Thanks again for the quick\multiple replies, mission accomplished!

                RickH, (aka hlr11)
              • hlr11@ymail.com
                Message 8 of 8 , Jun 6, 2014
                  WHOOPS!!  Pics were oriented correctly in folder. This week needs to be over!

                  RickH, (aka rlh11)