Webcam failure

  • plasmaboy04
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2014
      I am having problems with uploading images to WU. For many years I have been using WheresJames. This afternoon I tried Worldcam and Conquercam. Now I think I really screwed thing up. My webcam says I haven't uploaded an image for over and hour and I am uploading every 2 minutes. I reinstalled WheresJames which had been working and now even that doesn't appear to be working. I looked at the "Event Log" and there is a long string of FTP errors "550 Rename/move failure". Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm lost!

    • Larry Hines
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2014
        Try Webcam7. It's free software. Since I have been using Webcam 5 and now 7, I have had much better luck. Larry

        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2014
          Maybe your image size is too large?
          I am using Conquer Cam, I can share settings if that would help tomorrow morning. Let me know.
          Steve
        • plasmaboy04
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23, 2014
            Yes, please share settings. That would be very helpful. Thanks.

            Pete
            Message 5 of 8 , May 24, 2014
              Pete, here is some settings I use. you can e-mail me privately if you need more info @ steve_03222@....
              Image Tab;
              Image formay - Progressive encoding
              JPG Image quality 75%
              Overlay blank
              Thumb Nails width 160 Height 120
              Captions, what you desire

              Uploading webcam.wunderground.com
              Enable Interval upload 60 sec
              Publish location;
              Hostname - webcam.wunderground.com   Port 21
              User Name & password.....believe to be case sensitive
              Directory is blank
              File name - CCAM.JPG
              Options;
              Connection - Passive Transfer mode
              Transfer - Use temporary file when uploading.

              Steve
            • plasmaboy04
              Message 6 of 8 , May 24, 2014
                Steve,
                Thanks very much for the information.  It is working now! :)

                Pete
                Message 7 of 8 , May 24, 2014
                  You are welcome, glad you are uploading again.
                  Steve
                • cuttysark1954
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 1, 2014
                    Hello all,
                    New member here. I have a question on the software mentioned. I have a wireless network camera on a WUHU weather station I have remotely. What I need to know is will any of these softwares mentioned work with a wireless network camera that is streaming to scrap a image and store it and then FTP that image to Weather Underground? Or just store it on a directory and I could use CMD script to do the FTP?