Talk about high wind

  • Ron W
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2006
      Take a look at this station KINHENRY1

      And I thought La Crosse was bad but I think Davis has them beat.

      What would make such an inaccurate reading?

      I hope it was inaccurate.

      Ron
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2006
        Ron, is there a way to look up sites by the WU ID?

        Steev
      • Ron W
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2006
          Steve,

          I don't know if there is or not. I think it would be nice if you
          could look up sites by their ID though.

          It would be nice if every member listed their ID, so we could keep up
          with what is going on in their part of the country.

          Ron

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2006
            Ron, where is this high wind place you are speaking of?
          • Ron W
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 6, 2006
              Steve,

              That was a station in Louisville KY.

              I was looking at the Radar Maps and noticed some bad weather in
              Kentucky so I put in the search for Lousisville and that was one of
              the stations listed for that area.

              I just happened to notice the high wind stats and it looks like it is
              probably one of those faulty recordings.

              To get to it, bring up your weather page or anyones, and highlite the
              ID and copy and paste the one I posted. It will bring up that station.

              Ron

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 6, 2006
                Thank Ron,
                That worked. 255 MPH, strange that the graphs & tabular data show it,
                but not the statistics section.

                Steve
              • Tek Roo
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
                  Note that the temperature data is disappearing around the time the wind speed is going to 255 (magic number in binary -- all 1's).  I wonder if the software or base station isn't throwing that in as a null character whenever it loses a remotely located wind/thermo/hygro unit.

                  I was kinda thinking low batteries, but it's happening at all sorts of different times of the day, sometimes in the middle of the day, while the low battery thing is going to start at night as the temperature drops, like my station was doing on the 2nd of this month.  The symptoms there involved a temperature climb to around 137 degrees at which point contact was lost with the remote units, then contact would be reestablished once the batteries started to warm back up again and the temperature dropped from one hundred something at the point of reestablishment back down to something believable (or the second time around, I got home from work and replaced the batteries).

                  I could have sworn the manual said the outdoor unit batteries would last a year (I was going to replace them every six months), but then again, this probably didn't apply to batteries that had been subjected to -20 temperatures earlier in their life cycle.  I think I'm going to replace them every month -- batteries are cheap.  Or I'll get around to wiring power to the remote units without hardwiring to the base station.  Plenty of projects that need to be addressed between now and then though.

                  Richard
                  KWYCARPE1

                  On 4/6/06, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:
                  Thank Ron,
                  That worked. 255 MPH, strange that the graphs & tabular data show it,
                  but not the statistics section.

                  Steve

                  To visit your group on the web, go to:

                  WUHU Download page:
                  http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                • Ron W
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
                    I wonder if KINHENRY1 is aware of what is happening?

                    Looks like it happened again around 10:00 this morning.

                    Ron

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tek Roo" <tek.roo@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Note that the temperature data is disappearing around the time the
                    wind
                    > speed is going to 255 (magic number in binary -- all 1's). I
                    wonder if the
                    > software or base station isn't throwing that in as a null
                    character whenever
                    > it loses a remotely located wind/thermo/hygro unit.
                    >
                    > I was kinda thinking low batteries, but it's happening at all
                    sorts of
                    > different times of the day, sometimes in the middle of the day,
                    while the
                    > low battery thing is going to start at night as the temperature
                    drops, like
                    > my station was doing on the 2nd of this month. The symptoms there
                    involved
                    > a temperature climb to around 137 degrees at which point contact
                    was lost
                    > with the remote units, then contact would be reestablished once the
                    > batteries started to warm back up again and the temperature
                    dropped from one
                    > hundred something at the point of reestablishment back down to
                    something
                    > believable (or the second time around, I got home from work and
                    replaced the
                    > batteries).
                    >
                    > I could have sworn the manual said the outdoor unit batteries
                    would last a
                    > year (I was going to replace them every six months), but then
                    again, this
                    > probably didn't apply to batteries that had been subjected to -20
                    > temperatures earlier in their life cycle. I think I'm going to
                    replace them
                    > every month -- batteries are cheap. Or I'll get around to wiring
                    power to
                    > the remote units without hardwiring to the base station. Plenty
                    of projects
                    > that need to be addressed between now and then though.
                    >
                    > Richard
                    > KWYCARPE1
                    >

                    > On 4/6/06, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thank Ron,
                    > > That worked. 255 MPH, strange that the graphs & tabular data
                    show it,
                    > > but not the statistics section.
                    > >
                    > > Steve

                    > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

                    > > WUHU Download page:
                    > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/<http://home.comcast.net/%
                    7Ewuhu_software/>

                    t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weathe
                    r+stations&c=2&s=52&.sig=6lAO0xoHPYcMZSWeo0ynYQ> Weather
                    > > stations<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                    t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+statio
                    ns&c=2&s=52&.sig=mCg5OtfkJ71Bm1ARjZBU_w>
                    e_group>"

                    unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group-