Using a Raspberry Pi with La Crosse wireless sensors

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 24, 2013
      In case there are any embedded / Pi developers in the group, I thought that this was an interesting project that you might be interested in:

      https://github.com/synfinatic/PiWeather

      The Raspberry Pi is an impressive device. If I could get a legal copy of XP running on one I would probably run a copy of WUHU on it rather than use a PC.
    • m8rktw81n
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 25, 2013

        Thanx for the link.  I have been trying to find a Raspberry Pi projects to learn development on the system.

        I might be missing something but since XP is X86 based and Raspberry Pi is ARM based, I am not sure will have much luck getting XP to run on a Raspberry Pi system.  I suppose you could use an emulator but given the limited CPU power, I am not sure it how usable it would be.

        ---In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        In case there are any embedded / Pi developers in the group, I thought that this was an interesting project that you might be interested in:

        https://github.com/synfinatic/PiWeather

        The Raspberry Pi is an impressive device. If I could get a legal copy of XP running on one I would probably run a copy of WUHU on it rather than use a PC.
      • H. Smith

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 26, 2013

                  In the video Windows is running on a  Linux version of a VMWare virtual machine which has been compiled to ARM binaries. In other words it is running on top of an emulator. Not sure how useful that is but I guess you wouldn't know until it was tried.

                  There are versions of Windows Embedded compiled to ARM.  Of course, in order for WUHU to run on embedded you would need to port a version WUHU to ARM.  If one is lucky, it could be as simple as recompiling but experience would suggest that there are bound to be as least a few significant issues to overcome.  If someone has successfully gotten Windows Embedded to work on a Raspberry Pi,  a web search will turn up a how-to or something.

                  Windows RT is also an ARM based version of Windows but it does not allow access to Win32 which WUHU needs since it is a desktop application.

                  ---In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, <hometownnerd@...> wrote:

[...]

                • Don Lafferty

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 27, 2013
                          I've used VirtualBox quite often as it's free.  Not so sure VMWare is as free.  The issue it XP isn't free but you can always grab a copy of TinyXP and use that.

                          You can find TinyXP at various reputable and questionable places on the net.

                          I think it would work.

                          On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM, H. Smith <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

[...]

                        • John Liss
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 30, 2013
                            In theory it should work, you'll need hardware that supports the hardware pass though from ESX to the guest, then hook the ESX guest up to the serial/USB port.

                            Mine does not support the pass through so I was never able to try it.

                            And yes still need the printer