Re: [wuhu_software_group] RE: Console Tweets Application for your use

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013
      I'm sorry you felt it was a negative response.  I was merely suggesting that it wouldn't have been seen as complaining.

      At any rate good job on the application and I hope you keep developing.

      One thing I've always realized when dealing with others in a forum or online situation such as this is it's hard to convey emotion in writing if you're not a writer and sometimes things you say get taken completely wrong.  I'm afraid this has happened here.

      I seriously do hope you can realize that I wasn't intending to prosecute anyone and will rethink your decision.

      To be honest for an hour or so I considered not even fixing my app and just having people switch over to yours so that I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it going but in the end I realized I should at least attempt to fix it if it was broken.

      So there are certainly no hard feelings on my end in spite of the slightly mean things you've said.  I understand your feelings were hurt.  I apologize.

      Don

      On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM, <brendannsmith@...> wrote:

      I cannot get over the negative response from yourself and the cheap jab in your second comment. It didn’t work first time I used it and didn’t want to dig around in someone else’s code to find the problem, I have the skills to write my own, so I did…

      I guess I will not go to the effort of writing my own web application and just use the templates that are provided for displaying my weather data...

      Where does this help the community if everyone just keeps doing the same old thing in fear of been prosecuted like you have me. I was quite proud of the very simple application which required no installing, no lengthy instructions on how to use it and to me is pretty easy to use.

      If this is how you react to people contributing a similar app to yours then you must be quite insecure in what you have written and do not want anyone else to take away your thunder away.

      I will no longer contribute anything I write to further expand and enhance my personal use of the great application WUHU as to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings…

      Thanks

      Brendan

      ---In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, <don@...> wrote:

      This is a community of people who help each other and adding another app that tweets is fine and I'm sure a help to some.

      But this community of people tends to let those of us who provide helpers and apps know when they have problems and we don't consider it complaining.

      So now you know...

      Don

      On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM, <brendannsmith@...> wrote:

      Hi Don,

      I didn’t mean to offend. It wouldn't work when trying to authenticate your application with Twitter and wouldn't produce the website for login. I had also been wanting to write something like this myself for quite some time and had a spare day to kill so I thought I would try my hand at it. I also wanted to learn oAuth so figured it was a great way to do it. Since I had it all working I felt like I wanted to share it. It can be removed if it is not supposed to be on this site without permission, but I thought this was a community group of likeminded people and would appreciate someone contributing rather than complaining about errors...

      Thanks

      Brendan

      ---In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, <don@...> wrote:

      I updated WUHU Tweet.  Since this fellow couldn't seem to make it work and he's a programmer I figured the validater was probably not working.  I updated it to use the latest Twitter API so it now works correctly.

      I do appreciate when software doesn't work that people let me know.  For the most part that's been happening and it allows me to update quickly.

      Don

      On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM, laffert@... <don@...> wrote:

      Interesting that you wouldn't even ask the author of the current app why you couldn't get it to work and would go to all that trouble instead?

      The current app is working just fine on many computers right now.

      What happened when you tried the current app? Would it not authenticate for you?

      Don