Re: [wuhu_software_group] Site errors

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
      I'm curious Jaye Ellen, where do you see the error reports?

      Thanks
      Don

      On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Jaye Ellen Burke <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

      Hi --- I noticed WU reporting major errors from my station.  It said they happened 23 days ago.  While this may have been true then, it is NOT now.  Is there any way to delete these error messages?  Both errors referred to time / date / Daylight Savings settings, none of which are true at this time.

      Please let me know if there is anything I can do to accomplish this.

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

    • Jaye Ellen Burke

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
          Hmmmm.  It might if I could see the errors but all I see when I click on that link is your normal daily page.

          I'm just trying to figure out where to see these errors so that I know what you're referring to.  I thought maybe it was because I was logged in but that doesn't make any difference.

          Here's a link to what I see at the top of the page.  When I scroll down I just see the rest of the graphs and then the tabular data but nothing about errors.

          Don

          On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Jaye Ellen Burke <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Chris Mattingly
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013

            I have errors on my page too (need to ask Santa for a new station for Christmas ;) ).  I just looked so I know they are there from my view.

            But I bet you won't be able to see them, as I do believe they are only shown to the station owner. (KNCKERNE3 is my station.)

            You might see the station "note" that I put up there...

            -Chris

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013
                Was it a temperature error (No change in temperature over the last xx hours?)? WU has a bug on their temperature check that they are fixing now. In addition if you get one and click the link to acknowledge, it does not work. They will roll out a fix to this issue this week.
                I would not blame your station for this error, it is may not real.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013
                  Don - what kind of station are you using?

                  Here are the errors on my page:

                  Not sure what the 1st one really means -- the time on my PC & weather station are and have been correct.

                  The 2nd one happens more often than I'd like -- it's when I reboot the PC and forget to start up HW & sync the console (the background HW service still updates the currdat.lst, but only every 4-6 hours).  So while it may be a bug on the WU side of things as well, it's also a legitimate one for my station.

                  -Chris

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 11, 2013
                      Yes the temperature one may be the WU bug, it shows you had it 30 days ago. You can clear the error message by clicking on the acknowledge button or something similar.
                      I have never seen the date /time error, perhaps look at your log after un-selecting "errors only" and then just select Weather Underground. This is on the log tab.
                      Then you can check what you are actually uploading to WU.
                      You will not need very long to pick up and upload.
                      Steve