Re: currdat.lst in Windows 8

  • charlie.harmon1942
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2013
      Yes 0 I am running HeavyWeather and I get the box advising me to change the location for currdat.lst. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on my computer running Windows 8. I tried searching the computer but can't locate it.

      > Are you running HeavyWeather? That's the only way you're going to get the
      > curdat.lst file.
      >

      > On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, charlie.harmon1942 <
      > charlie.harmon1942@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > OK - I resolved the download and installed the WUHU software. The zip file
      > > was incompatible so I extracted it with explorer and it worked OK. Now I
      > > can't find the currdat.lst file. I've searched the entire computer to no
      > > avail. I've also experienced a similar problem with Windows 7. What Now????
      > >

      > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • Don Lafferty
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2013
        No problem.  Many folks forget that WUHU can be run in stand alone mode or in conjunction with HeavyWeather.  I prefer stand alone mode but I guess some of the LaCrosse stations aren't readable by WUHU.

        On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM, charlie.harmon1942 <charlie.harmon1942@...> wrote:

        Many Thanks to Don Lafferty. He responded with a simple question: Are you running HeavyWeather? It took a while for me to realize that I was NOT RUNNING Heavy Weather. I had it installed, but was not actually running the application. Once I started HeavyWeather and synchronized it with my weather station, the currdat.lst file magically appeared under Program Data. Thankfully, I am now in business with my new computer and am currently uploading to both WeatherBug and Weather Underground using the WUHU application. Thanks Again Don.