Re: [wuhu_software_group] currdat.lst in Windows 8

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9 6:18 AM
      Are you running HeavyWeather?  That's the only way you're going to get the curdat.lst file.

      On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, charlie.harmon1942 <charlie.harmon1942@...> wrote:

      OK - I resolved the download and installed the WUHU software. The zip file was incompatible so I extracted it with explorer and it worked OK. Now I can't find the currdat.lst file. I've searched the entire computer to no avail. I've also experienced a similar problem with Windows 7. What Now????

    • charlie.harmon1942
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9 10:59 AM
        Yes 0 I am running HeavyWeather and I get the box advising me to change the location for currdat.lst. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on my computer running Windows 8. I tried searching the computer but can't locate it.

        > Are you running HeavyWeather? That's the only way you're going to get the
        > curdat.lst file.
        >

        > On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, charlie.harmon1942 <
        > charlie.harmon1942@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > OK - I resolved the download and installed the WUHU software. The zip file
        > > was incompatible so I extracted it with explorer and it worked OK. Now I
        > > can't find the currdat.lst file. I've searched the entire computer to no
        > > avail. I've also experienced a similar problem with Windows 7. What Now????
        > >

        > --
        > making something that doesn't suck.

      • charlie.harmon1942
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9 1:35 PM
          Many Thanks to Don Lafferty. He responded with a simple question: Are you running HeavyWeather? It took a while for me to realize that I was NOT RUNNING Heavy Weather. I had it installed, but was not actually running the application. Once I started HeavyWeather and synchronized it with my weather station, the currdat.lst file magically appeared under Program Data. Thankfully, I am now in business with my new computer and am currently uploading to both WeatherBug and Weather Underground using the WUHU application. Thanks Again Don.
        • Don Lafferty
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9 1:44 PM
            No problem.  Many folks forget that WUHU can be run in stand alone mode or in conjunction with HeavyWeather.  I prefer stand alone mode but I guess some of the LaCrosse stations aren't readable by WUHU.