Weather Underground keeps stopping

  • kamakzie
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7, 2013
      For some reason Wunderground stops updating data.  All other ones keep updating.  I have it set to rapidfire.  Only a reboot seems to fix it.  Any ideas?
    • KNHBRIST1
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
        Are you getting any error messages in the log? If so, copy and paste some errors and I am sure someone will be able to assist.
        Steve
      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
          Any error messages in the log?
          Steve
        • Shawn Parker
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
            Yup..

            Sat Sep 07 16:14:52 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
            Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
            0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
            0x00002efd (12029).
            Sat Sep 07 16:15:03 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
            Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
            (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
            (12029).
            Sat Sep 07 16:15:04 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
            Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
            0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
            0x00002efd (12029).
            Sat Sep 07 16:15:16 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
            Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
            0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
            0x00002efd (12029).
            Sat Sep 07 16:15:17 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal

            On 9/8/2013 8:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 wrote:

            > Any error messages in the log?
            > Steve

          • KNHBRIST1
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
              What station and how are you connected? Are you using a serial to usb adapter?
              With this info, I am sure someone will be able to help.
              Steve

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker <sdparker1976@...> wrote:

              > Yup..
              >
              > Sat Sep 07 16:14:52 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
              > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
              > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
              > 0x00002efd (12029).
              > Sat Sep 07 16:15:03 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
              > Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
              > (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
              > (12029).
              > Sat Sep 07 16:15:04 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
              > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
              > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
              > 0x00002efd (12029).
              > Sat Sep 07 16:15:16 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
              > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
              > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
              > 0x00002efd (12029).
              > Sat Sep 07 16:15:17 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
              > Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
              > (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
              > (12029).
              >

              > On 9/8/2013 8:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 wrote:
              > >

              > > Any error messages in the log?
              > > Steve

            • KNHBRIST1
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                Oh and WU station ID?

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker <sdparker1976@...> wrote:

                > Yup..
                >
                > Sat Sep 07 16:14:52 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
                > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
                > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
                > 0x00002efd (12029).
                > Sat Sep 07 16:15:03 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
                > Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
                > (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
                > (12029).
                > Sat Sep 07 16:15:04 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
                > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
                > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
                > 0x00002efd (12029).
                > Sat Sep 07 16:15:16 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
                > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
                > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
                > 0x00002efd (12029).
                > Sat Sep 07 16:15:17 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
                > Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
                > (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
                > (12029).
                >

                > On 9/8/2013 8:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 wrote:
                > >

                > > Any error messages in the log?
                > > Steve

              • Shawn Parker
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                  WU: KMICEDAR7

                  I'm direct USB from Davis Vantage Vue. Never had an issue till lately. I
                  didn't reboot yesterday and just stopping WUHU and closing and
                  re-opening fixed it.

                  On 9/8/2013 9:58 AM, KNHBRIST1 wrote:

                  > Oh and WU station ID?
                  >
                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Parker
                  > <sdparker1976@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yup..
                  > >
                  > > Sat Sep 07 16:14:52 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
                  > > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
                  > > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
                  > > 0x00002efd (12029).
                  > > Sat Sep 07 16:15:03 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
                  > > Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
                  > > (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
                  > > (12029).
                  > > Sat Sep 07 16:15:04 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
                  > > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
                  > > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
                  > > 0x00002efd (12029).
                  > > Sat Sep 07 16:15:16 2013 > Weather Underground Background Upload: Final
                  > > Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error
                  > > 0x00002efd (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error
                  > > 0x00002efd (12029).
                  > > Sat Sep 07 16:15:17 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal
                  > > Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002efd
                  > > (12029), ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - WSA Socket Error 0x00002efd
                  > > (12029).
                  > >

                  > > On 9/8/2013 8:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Any error messages in the log?
                  > > > Steve

                • marcelcanine
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                    http://www.wiki-errors.com/err.php?wiki=12029

                    To Fix (error 12029) you need to follow the steps below:

                    Step 1:

                    Download (Error 12029) Repair Tool

                    Step 2:

                    Click the "Scan" button

                    Step 3:

                    Click 'Fix All' and you're done!

                    Compatibility: Windows 7, Vista, XP
                    Download Size: 1.5MB
                    Requirements: 300 MHz Processor, 256 MB Ram, 22 MB HDD

                    Limitations: trial version offers an unlimited number of scans, backup , restore of your windows registry for FREE. registration for the full version is $29.95 USD for 1-year subscription to use all features of errorend.

                    12029 Error Code is caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system.

                    So, If you got 12029 Error then We strongly recommend that you Download (Error 12029) Repair Tool.

                    This article contains information that shows you how to fix your windows 12029 error both (manually) and (automatically) , In addition, this article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to 12029 error code that you may receive.
                    Note: This article was previously published under WIKI_Q210794

                    > Are you getting any error messages in the log? If so, copy and paste some errors and I am sure someone will be able to assist.
                    > Steve

                  • Don Lafferty
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                      I suggest you DON'T follow marcelcanine's suggestion as you can't be sure what you're getting when you click on something like that link.

                      On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM, marcelcanine <marcelcanine@...> wrote:

                      http://www.wiki-errors.com/err.php?wiki=12029

                      To Fix (error 12029) you need to follow the steps below:

                      Step 1:

                      Download (Error 12029) Repair Tool

                      Step 2:

                      Click the "Scan" button

                      Step 3:

                      Click 'Fix All' and you're done!

                      Compatibility: Windows 7, Vista, XP
                      Download Size: 1.5MB
                      Requirements: 300 MHz Processor, 256 MB Ram, 22 MB HDD

                      Limitations: trial version offers an unlimited number of scans, backup , restore of your windows registry for FREE. registration for the full version is $29.95 USD for 1-year subscription to use all features of errorend.

                      12029 Error Code is caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system.

                      So, If you got 12029 Error then We strongly recommend that you Download (Error 12029) Repair Tool.

                      This article contains information that shows you how to fix your windows 12029 error both (manually) and (automatically) , In addition, this article will help you troubleshoot some common error messages related to 12029 error code that you may receive.
                      Note: This article was previously published under WIKI_Q210794

                      > Are you getting any error messages in the log? If so, copy and paste some errors and I am sure someone will be able to assist.
                      > Steve

                    • Shawn Parker
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
                        Agreed, I deletedmsg. Looks like either self promotion or a virus.. No
                        thanks.