Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Fell off the Weather Underground map during the night!

  • Jaye Ellen Burke
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
      Hi Roberta,

      Another thing that can cause WU to drop you off the map is if your numbers are apparently way off base with other stations in your area.  If this is the case (fire areas can have "hot spots", right?) it all settles down eventually.  I'm so happy that a reboot fixed things for you, from a one-time newbie (in 2005?).

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM, roberta hoyt <robertahoyt@...> wrote:

      The logs all looked fine and I could not find any problem anywhere, everything appeared to be working normally, except that the station was not on the map.  I listened to my smart husband who said to try turning the computer off and on, this seems to fix many little computer problems. And of course,it worked!
      Then I got the email from Wunder William a few minutes later, suggesting the same thing, he said it would re-synchronize the software with the Wunderground.  Gee so much to learn being a newbie at this!  Sometimes the simple answer is the right answer! Thanks all, Roberta