Re: Error messages

  • KNHBRIST1
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 22 2:57 PM
      Ron, Hopefully they have stopped. WU had some hardware issues this morning.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@...> wrote:

      > I have been getting a string of these error message non stop
      >
      > Thu Aug 22 07:34:06 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002f78 (12152), FormatMessage() failed to return decoded error string..
      >
      > What do I need to do to get these to stop?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ron

    • ronw72
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 22 4:49 PM
        Steve,

        Did you have the same error?

        They did finally stop after I rebooted several times,did an undo, reinstalled the software.

        I hadn't checked the WU site but when I did it said there had been an error with my reporting for the past 6 hours. I signed off and signed back on and everything was OK after that.

        Now I'm really confused.

        Thanks,

        Ron

        > Ron, Hopefully they have stopped. WU had some hardware issues this morning.
        > Steve
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have been getting a string of these error message non stop
        > >
        > > Thu Aug 22 07:34:06 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002f78 (12152), FormatMessage() failed to return decoded error string..
        > >
        > > What do I need to do to get these to stop?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Ron

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 22 5:00 PM
          Ron,
          Similar errors started about 6:50AM and ended around 8:30 AM
          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@...> wrote:

          > Steve,
          >
          > Did you have the same error?
          >
          > They did finally stop after I rebooted several times,did an undo, reinstalled the software.
          >
          > I hadn't checked the WU site but when I did it said there had been an error with my reporting for the past 6 hours. I signed off and signed back on and everything was OK after that.
          >
          > Now I'm really confused.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Ron
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ron, Hopefully they have stopped. WU had some hardware issues this morning.
          > > Steve
          > >
          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I have been getting a string of these error message non stop
          > > >
          > > > Thu Aug 22 07:34:06 2013 > Weather Underground Live Upload: Final Fatal Error (No more retries) InternetOpenUrl() returned error 0x00002f78 (12152), FormatMessage() failed to return decoded error string..
          > > >
          > > > What do I need to do to get these to stop?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > >
          > > > Ron

        • Don Lafferty
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 22 5:16 PM
            It's usually not a problem with WUHU.  Once you install it you will ALMOST NEVER have any issues with it.  It's ALMOST ALWAYS WU or Windows or your internet provider.

            But remember never is a very strong word and I prefaced it with "almost".

            ;)

            Don