Re: Newbie can't get Wuhu to output data file

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2013
      Can you post your template?

      To use the template, you must output a currdat.lst file. See the Settings/General Tab.

      To use most of the variables from the currdat.lst you should have the "write extended data" check box checked when writing the currdat.lst.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "saugeenweather" <stuart.silcox@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I'm new at this, so apologies in advance if this has been covered. I'm trying to get Wuhu to output a simple current conditions data file to FTP to a weather site my son is building for me. I've read the online manual and have setup an action file that tweets (works!), but it doesn't seem to be able to create a data file based on my template. I've tried various versions of the template, including the full sample template, but nothing outputs to a data file. I tried creating a blank data file to overwrite, but nothing. I don't know if any step by step instructions exist, but any help in pointing me in the right direction would be really appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Stuart

    • saugeenweather
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2013
        Thanks. I didn't have write extended enabled but I've enabled now. Does it matter which directory you write currdat.lst to? I've played around a bit this morning, but still couldn't get it to write a data.csv file. My template csv.txt file is:

        [outdoor_temperature]deg_C,%[outdoor_temperature]deg_C%,
        [outdoor_humidity]percent,%[outdoor_humidity]percent%,
        [dewpoint]deg_C,%[dewpoint]deg_C%,
        [windchill]deg_C,%[windchill]deg_C%,
        [wind_speed]kmh,%[wind_speed]kmh%,
        [wind_direction]name,%[wind_direction]name%,
        [rain_24h]mm,%[rain_24h]mm%,
        [pressure_relative]hpa,%[pressure_relative]hpa%,
        [time2]time_12hr,%[time2]time_12hr%,

        Thanks!

        > Can you post your template?
        >
        > To use the template, you must output a currdat.lst file. See the Settings/General Tab.
        >
        > To use most of the variables from the currdat.lst you should have the "write extended data" check box checked when writing the currdat.lst.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "saugeenweather" <stuart.silcox@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > > I'm new at this, so apologies in advance if this has been covered. I'm trying to get Wuhu to output a simple current conditions data file to FTP to a weather site my son is building for me. I've read the online manual and have setup an action file that tweets (works!), but it doesn't seem to be able to create a data file based on my template. I've tried various versions of the template, including the full sample template, but nothing outputs to a data file. I tried creating a blank data file to overwrite, but nothing. I don't know if any step by step instructions exist, but any help in pointing me in the right direction would be really appreciated.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > Stuart

      • H. Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2013
          Is the template working now?

          The extended feature explains why it was not working.

          The file can be located anywhere.

          Thanks. I didn't have write extended enabled but I've enabled now. Does it matter which directory you write currdat.lst to? I've played around a bit this morning, but still couldn't get it to write a data.csv file. My template csv.txt file is:

          [outdoor_temperature]deg_C,%[outdoor_temperature]deg_C%,
          [outdoor_humidity]percent,%[outdoor_humidity]percent%,
          [dewpoint]deg_C,%[dewpoint]deg_C%,
          [windchill]deg_C,%[windchill]deg_C%,
          [wind_speed]kmh,%[wind_speed]kmh%,
          [wind_direction]name,%[wind_direction]name%,
          [rain_24h]mm,%[rain_24h]mm%,
          [pressure_relative]hpa,%[pressure_relative]hpa%,
          [time2]time_12hr,%[time2]time_12hr%,

          Thanks!

          > Can you post your template?
          >
          > To use the template, you must output a currdat.lst file. See the Settings/General Tab.
          >
          > To use most of the variables from the currdat.lst you should have the "write extended data" check box checked when writing the currdat.lst.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "saugeenweather" <stuart.silcox@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > > I'm new at this, so apologies in advance if this has been covered. I'm trying to get Wuhu to output a simple current conditions data file to FTP to a weather site my son is building for me. I've read the online manual and have setup an action file that tweets (works!), but it doesn't seem to be able to create a data file based on my template. I've tried various versions of the template, including the full sample template, but nothing outputs to a data file. I tried creating a blank data file to overwrite, but nothing. I don't know if any step by step instructions exist, but any help in pointing me in the right direction would be really appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > > Stuart

        • saugeenweather
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2013
            No, I haven't got it working yet. I'm somewhat stumped. I hope I enable write extended properly. I did it through Setup, General Settings tab. I then checked the ini file and it was set as =0, so I changed that to =1.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

            > Is the template working now?
            >
            > The extended feature explains why it was not working.
            >
            > The file can be located anywhere.

          • saugeenweather
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2013
              Well, I figured it out-sort of. I've been playing with it a lot of the day on and off. I was starting to think it was a Windows 8 permission issue, but I tried the instructions for creating a single web page using the highs and lows file template to .htm. It worked! Even better, since we are building a web site. I've converted the HighsAndLows.txt file to Metric. If anyone wants a copy, just let me know.

              Stuart