New to WUHU - need variable help

  • jasonartz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16 9:21 PM
      Hello,

      I recently decided to "downsize" and am running WUHU instead of WeatherDisplay. It's working great, takes few resources, and I really like it. I use a Davis VP2.

      I have been sending data to my local NWS office in a certain format that they requested. I decided to try and make a WUHU template to generate this output so that I can continue to provide them this data. The NWS gave me a template for WeatherDisplay, they also have one for several other packages, but none for WUHU.

      Anyway, it's working well so far, but there are a couple minor items I can't figure out how to provide.

      First is Time UTC and Date UTC as seperate items. I found %[time2]time_UTC% but their parser wants a time and a date separate.

      They are also looking for "storm total" rain, which I can't find.

      Also, they are looking for 1 minute high wind speed, 2 minute, 5 minute, and 10 minute. WeatherDisplay only provided 10 minute high, so they're used to not getting all of that from me.

      Here is what I have so far. The left side of the equal sign is what the NWS is looking for, in their requested format. The right side is what I put in the WUHU template. The <!-- --> items are ones I don't know how to do in WUHU. The ones with "NA" are not needed.

      #Current Conditions at Pinon Hills, CA as of %[time]start_date_string%:
      #
      #Hourly Report (Every 45 minutes after the hour)

      DATE = <!--utcDate-->
      START_TIME(ZULU) = %[time2]time_UTC%
      STOP_TIME(ZULU) = %[time2]time_UTC%
      WINDSPEED(MPH) = %[wind_speed]mph%
      WS_MIN = NA
      WS_MAX = %[daily_extremes]high_outdoor_wind_gust_mph%
      WS_AVG = %[wind_speed_average]mph%
      PERCIP(IN) = %[rain_1h]inch%
      PE_TOTAL = %[rain_daily]inch%
      PRESSURE(IN HG) = %[pressure_relative]inHg%
      PS_MIN = %[daily_extremes]low_outdoor_relative_pressure_inHg%
      PS_MAX = %[daily_extremes]high_outdoor_relative_pressure_inHg%
      PS_AVG = NA
      HUMIDITY(%) = %[outdoor_humidity]percent%
      HU_MIN = %[daily_extremes]low_outdoor_humidity%
      HU_MAX = %[daily_extremes]high_outdoor_humidity%
      HU_AVG = NA
      TEMP(F) = %[outdoor_temperature]deg_F%
      TE_MIN = %[daily_extremes]low_outdoor_temperature_deg_F%
      TE_MAX = %[daily_extremes]high_outdoor_temperature_deg_F%
      TE_AVG = NA
      WINDDIR(degree) = %[wind_direction]deg%
      WI_AVG = NA
      DEWPOINT(F) = %[dewpoint]deg_F%
      DE_AVG = NA
      Storm Rain = <!--stormRain-->
      Daily Rain = %[rain_daily]inch%
      Yearly Rain = %[rain_total]inch%
      High Wind Time = %[daily_extremes]high_outdoor_wind_gust_time%
      1 minute high wind speed = <!--windHigh1-->
      2 minute high wind speed = <!--windHigh2-->
      5 minute high wind speed = <!--windHigh5-->
      10 minute high wind speed = <!--windHigh10-->

      Thanks,
      Jason
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17 3:11 AM
        Currently there is no storm total or high winds speeds for 1,2,5 minute intervals.