Live Streaming Assistance

  • Tony R
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 9, 2013
      Hi everyone...

      For those that are live streaming their weather..
      1. What program are you using?
      2. Have any input on an open source program that will allow FTP uploads?

      My family comes first, so I would need to stick to something that will not entail monthly fees.

      your input is great appreciated.

      Tony
    • Joel Rosenzweig

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 9, 2013
          Thanks Joel, mi will look it over :)

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joel Rosenzweig <joel@...> wrote:

          > Tony,
          >
          > I am using Yawcam successfully for this purpose. Maybe it will do what you want, too.
          >
          > www.yawcam.com
          >
          > Joel
          >

          > On Jul 9, 2013, at 8:59 PM, Tony R <tony@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi everyone...
          > >
          > > For those that are live streaming their weather..
          > > 1. What program are you using?
          > > 2. Have any input on an open source program that will allow FTP uploads?
          > >
          > > My family comes first, so I would need to stick to something that will not entail monthly fees.
          > >
          > > your input is great appreciated.
          > >
          > > Tony

        • Joel Rosenzweig
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 9, 2013
            I made an assumption that your definition of 'live streaming' meant 'streaming video' because you're presumably already using WUHU to do the weather data uploads.  If that's not what you meant, then ignore Yawcam.  :-)

            Joel

            On Jul 9, 2013, at 10:34 PM, "Tony R" <tony@...> wrote:

            Thanks Joel, mi will look it over :)

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joel Rosenzweig <joel@...> wrote:

            > Tony,
            >
            > I am using Yawcam successfully for this purpose. Maybe it will do what you want, too.
            >
            > www.yawcam.com
            >
            > Joel
            >

            > On Jul 9, 2013, at 8:59 PM, Tony R <tony@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi everyone...
            > >
            > > For those that are live streaming their weather..
            > > 1. What program are you using?
            > > 2. Have any input on an open source program that will allow FTP uploads?
            > >
            > > My family comes first, so I would need to stick to something that will not entail monthly fees.
            > >
            > > your input is great appreciated.
            > >
            > > Tony

          • Tony R
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 9, 2013
              Yes your assumption is correct :) I am currently using CAMSTREAMS.COM
              but would like to keep my options open, you know just incase it goes "pay to use"
              So again...no problem, your assumption was and is 100% correct.

              I did read over quickly this evening, and will most likely look it over a little bit more in depth on Wednesday or Thursday.

              But in advance of that, THANK YOU for your help.
              Tony

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joel Rosenzweig <joel@...> wrote:

              > I made an assumption that your definition of 'live streaming' meant 'streaming video' because you're presumably already using WUHU to do the weather data uploads. If that's not what you meant, then ignore Yawcam. :-)
              >
              > Joel
              >
              > On Jul 9, 2013, at 10:34 PM, "Tony R" <tony@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Joel, mi will look it over :)
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joel Rosenzweig <joel@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Tony,
              > > >
              > > > I am using Yawcam successfully for this purpose. Maybe it will do what you want, too.
              > > >
              > > > www.yawcam.com
              > > >
              > > > Joel

            • Don Lafferty

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 12, 2013
                  Does anyone else use Camstreams to ftp images to Wunderground?

                  I really like the live stream but their ftp client leaves much to be desired.

                  I can't get it to connect to Wunderground so I configured it to upload to my server.  I also set max uploads to 100 hoping that would keep uploading but all it does is make 100 files with the numbers from 0 to 99.  I should have know it would do that.

                  So I will set it to upload just 1 image and see if it overwrites but it didn't seem to do that yesterday.

                  Any thoughts on just getting it to upload to Wunderground would be good.

                  Don

                  On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                  I just signed up for Camstreams and got it working with the exception of the FTP to Wunderground.

                  Have you been able to send images to wunderground with yours?

                  Don

                  On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Tony R <tony@...> wrote:

                  Yes your assumption is correct :) I am currently using CAMSTREAMS.COM
                  but would like to keep my options open, you know just incase it goes "pay to use"
                  So again...no problem, your assumption was and is 100% correct.

                  I did read over quickly this evening, and will most likely look it over a little bit more in depth on Wednesday or Thursday.

                  But in advance of that, THANK YOU for your help.
                  Tony

                • Tony Randazzo
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 12, 2013
                    Hi Don -
                    That’s been my issue as well....viewing is fine, but the uploads don’t work, they are few and far between.  I have set my up for 3000 and it does save all of them, but they just wont upload to my website.
                    it is not an issue with my server, it’s a problem on the camstreams side.
                    So I too am interested in receiving an answer to this as well.
                    Tony

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 12, 2013
                      I figured out one thing anyways.  If you set the number of uploads to 1 it will do it to my server and just keeps overwriting what was there.

                      That should work by setting the Wunderground camera setting to URL rather than upload.

                      If you have a server you can upload to you might be able to do it the same way I am.  Of course with URL someone at Wunderground needs to take a look at my url and approve it.  That can take a few days they say.

                      Don