WeatherBug Backyard Webcams Workaround

  • weatherbugnathan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
      Hey guys,

      We're trying out a temporary workaround for Backyard Webcams on WeatherBug until we can get the full infrastructure in place.

      Anyone who's already publishing your Backyard Webcams to another website (such as your personal website), email me a link to your camera image feed (that we could ingest into our system), as well as your Publisher ID, Station Name, and Location to backyard@.... We're trying something to see if this works.

      Thanks!
    • weatherbugnathan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
        Thanks to everyone who's sent in your camera images. For anyone else wishing to send us their camera images, please hold off for a little bit until we can work to get these into the system. We'll try to automate something for future signups.

        For those that sent us theirs, we're working on trying to see how we can get them into the system.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbugnathan" <backyard@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > We're trying out a temporary workaround for Backyard Webcams on WeatherBug until we can get the full infrastructure in place.
        >
        > Anyone who's already publishing your Backyard Webcams to another website (such as your personal website), email me a link to your camera image feed (that we could ingest into our system), as well as your Publisher ID, Station Name, and Location to backyard@... We're trying something to see if this works.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • marcelcanine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2013
          Did anyones camera get activated?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbugnathan" <backyard@...> wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > We're trying out a temporary workaround for Backyard Webcams on WeatherBug until we can get the full infrastructure in place.
          >
          > Anyone who's already publishing your Backyard Webcams to another website (such as your personal website), email me a link to your camera image feed (that we could ingest into our system), as well as your Publisher ID, Station Name, and Location to backyard@... We're trying something to see if this works.
          >
          > Thanks!

        • weatherbugnathan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9, 2013
            We're still working on it. Our CTO is getting with our teams to get it into the system. I'll update everyone as soon as your cameras are live. Thanks for sending them in!

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "marcelcanine" <marcelcanine@...> wrote:

            > Did anyones camera get activated?
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbugnathan" <backyard@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey guys,
            > >
            > > We're trying out a temporary workaround for Backyard Webcams on WeatherBug until we can get the full infrastructure in place.
            > >
            > > Anyone who's already publishing your Backyard Webcams to another website (such as your personal website), email me a link to your camera image feed (that we could ingest into our system), as well as your Publisher ID, Station Name, and Location to backyard@ We're trying something to see if this works.
            > >
            > > Thanks!

          • weatherbugnathan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 10, 2013
              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbugnathan" <backyard@...> wrote:

              > We're still working on it. Our CTO is getting with our teams to get it into the system. I'll update everyone as soon as your cameras are live. Thanks for sending them in!
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "marcelcanine" <marcelcanine@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Did anyones camera get activated?
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbugnathan" <backyard@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey guys,
              > > >
              > > > We're trying out a temporary workaround for Backyard Webcams on WeatherBug until we can get the full infrastructure in place.
              > > >
              > > > Anyone who's already publishing your Backyard Webcams to another website (such as your personal website), email me a link to your camera image feed (that we could ingest into our system), as well as your Publisher ID, Station Name, and Location to backyard@ We're trying something to see if this works.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks!

              Got an update from my CTO. Give us a little bit longer to get this done. We've been swamped busy lately, but everyone's cameras are on a list and being show to our met team. As soon as we have a chance to work on this we will. Thanks for your patience!
            • Bob Tyszka
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10, 2013
                On 7/10/13 6:48 PM, weatherbugnathan wrote:

                Got an update from my CTO. Give us a little bit longer to get this done. We've been swamped busy lately, but everyone's cameras are on a list and being show to our met team. As soon as we have a chance to work on this we will. Thanks for your patience!

                    Will this be open to only those on the list or will it be available to any station with a webcam?

                Thanks;

                --

                Bob Tyszka
                California City, CA

                Click
for California City, California Forecast