Help me remember

  • GW
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
      WUHU has worked so well for years, I haven't messed with it. :) On the down side, if I want to update it to the latest version (I've already downloaded it), do I have to use the install or just replace the .exe file?

      Perhaps this could be put in the users guide. I didn't see it there.

      Thanks,

      Greg Whitehead
      Ten Mile, TN

      http://wattsbarweather.net
    • Don Lafferty

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
          Best way is stop wuhu, reboot, stop wuhu again, run the install, point it at the install directory where you had the last install, ding! Fries are done!

          On Jun 16, 2013, at 9:46 AM, "GW" <gw333@...> wrote:

          > WUHU has worked so well for years, I haven't messed with it. :) On the down side, if I want to update it to the latest version (I've already downloaded it), do I have to use the install or just replace the .exe file?
          >
          > Perhaps this could be put in the users guide. I didn't see it there.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Greg Whitehead
          > Ten Mile, TN
          >
          > http://wattsbarweather.net

          > WUHU Download page:

        • Don Lafferty
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
            I've never rebooted after either stopping or installing and its worked fine every time.

            But how to update might be a good addition to the wiki John?

            On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

            Best way is stop wuhu, reboot, stop wuhu again, run the install, point it at the install directory where you had the last install, ding! Fries are done!

            On Jun 16, 2013, at 9:46 AM, "GW" <gw333@...> wrote:

            > WUHU has worked so well for years, I haven't messed with it. :) On the down side, if I want to update it to the latest version (I've already downloaded it), do I have to use the install or just replace the .exe file?
            >
            > Perhaps this could be put in the users guide. I didn't see it there.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Greg Whitehead
            > Ten Mile, TN
            >
            > http://wattsbarweather.net

            > WUHU Download page:

          • KNHBRIST1
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
              Interesting...
              I just run the install with WUHU running. The install shuts down WUHU installs and starts WUHU back up...LOL

              > I've never rebooted after either stopping or installing and its worked fine
              > every time.
              >
              > But how to update might be a good addition to the wiki John?
              >

              > On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM, John Liss <john@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Best way is stop wuhu, reboot, stop wuhu again, run the install, point it
              > > at the install directory where you had the last install, ding! Fries are
              > > done!
              > >
              > > On Jun 16, 2013, at 9:46 AM, "GW" <gw333@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > WUHU has worked so well for years, I haven't messed with it. :) On the
              > > down side, if I want to update it to the latest version (I've already
              > > downloaded it), do I have to use the install or just replace the .exe file?
              > > >
              > > > Perhaps this could be put in the users guide. I didn't see it there.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > >
              > > > Greg Whitehead
              > > > Ten Mile, TN
              > > >
              > > > http://wattsbarweather.net

              > > > WUHU Download page:
              > > >

              > --
              > making something that doesn't suck.

            • Don Lafferty
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
                Well that's even quicker.  ;)

                On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                Interesting...
                I just run the install with WUHU running. The install shuts down WUHU installs and starts WUHU back up...LOL

                > I've never rebooted after either stopping or installing and its worked fine
                > every time.
                >
                > But how to update might be a good addition to the wiki John?
                >

                > On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM, John Liss <john@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Best way is stop wuhu, reboot, stop wuhu again, run the install, point it
                > > at the install directory where you had the last install, ding! Fries are
                > > done!
                > >
                > > On Jun 16, 2013, at 9:46 AM, "GW" <gw333@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > WUHU has worked so well for years, I haven't messed with it. :) On the
                > > down side, if I want to update it to the latest version (I've already
                > > downloaded it), do I have to use the install or just replace the .exe file?
                > > >
                > > > Perhaps this could be put in the users guide. I didn't see it there.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > >
                > > > Greg Whitehead
                > > > Ten Mile, TN
                > > >
                > > > http://wattsbarweather.net

                > > > WUHU Download page:
                > > >

                > --
                > making something that doesn't suck.

              • roadrunner2408
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
                  Like Don, I've never rebooted after stopping or installing WUHU.

                  Also agree that some guidance in the Wiki would be a good idea. I approached my first WUHU update with some trepidation because there was no advice.