Re: WUHU Tweet no longer working

  • roadrunner2408
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
      Thanks for the speedy resolution Don. I'm eagerly looking forward to installing the updated files tonight after work and, hopefully, starting to tweet again.

      > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that
      > fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this weekend
      > but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of
      > the yahoo group.
      >

      > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the
      > > old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I will see if I can
      > > get it done tonight.
      > >
      > > Don
      > >

      > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken. I
      > >> will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.
      > >>
      > >> Don
      > >>

      > >> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...

      > >> --
      > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
      > >> making something that doesn't suck.
      > >>

      > > --
      > > making something that doesn't suck.
      > >

      > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • scarabdrowner
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
        I can confirm that the new files do work. My station is tweeting again.

        Thanks Don!

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
          @werribeeweather back up and running. Many thanks Don.

          > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that
          > fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this weekend
          > but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of
          > the yahoo group.
          >

          > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the
          > > old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I will see if I can
          > > get it done tonight.
          > >
          > > Don
          > >

          > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken. I
          > >> will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.
          > >>
          > >> Don
          > >>

          > >> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...

          > >> --
          > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
          > >> making something that doesn't suck.
          > >>

          > > --
          > > making something that doesn't suck.
          > >

          > --
          > making something that doesn't suck.

        • wstlb1975
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
            WUHU_Tweet wil not running after replace WUHU_Tweet and copy the new dll into the WUHU map.

            When I double click on WUHU_Tweet.exe I found a new wuhu message on twitter.

          • Don Lafferty
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
              If you got a new message then everything is setup correctly with WUHU_Tweet but you must have something wrong in WUHU that calls it.  You need to put it into your Actions.

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                Yes it's in my action file.
                For the test i create an extra line with and no tweet after the action time.

                I restart WUHU several times and now it works.

                Thanks for the new DLL and WUHU_Tweet file.

                > If you got a new message then everything is setup correctly with WUHU_Tweet
                > but you must have something wrong in WUHU that calls it. You need to put
                > it into your Actions.
                >

                > On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM, wstlb1975 <kareldboer@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > WUHU_Tweet wil not running after replace WUHU_Tweet and copy the new dll
                > > into the WUHU map.
                > >
                > > When I double click on WUHU_Tweet.exe I found a new wuhu message on
                > > twitter.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408"
                > > <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > @werribeeweather back up and running. Many thanks Don.

                > > that
                > > section of

                > > for the
                > > I can

                > > broken. I
                > > PDT today.

                > > 38

                > > Twitter
                > > current

                > > (AU

                > > can no
                > > WUHU_Tweet.

                > > Twitter that

                > > resolve

                > > start

                > --
                > making something that doesn't suck.

              • Chris R. Holt
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 18, 2013
                  Thanks for the quick fix Don! SanJoseWX is tweeting once again :)

                  Chris

                • Don Lafferty
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 18, 2013
                    I need to update the install zip file still.  I should do that this weekend.

                    I'm so glad it was an easy fix and that Larry found the fix so quickly.

                    On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Chris R. Holt <crholt@...> wrote:

                    Thanks for the quick fix Don! SanJoseWX is tweeting once again :)

                    Chris

                  • saugeenweather
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
                      Hi Don,
                      Thanks again for your help. I got it up and running again quickly with your fix.
                      Cheers,
                      Stuart