Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU Tweet no longer working

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
      I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet.  I will see if I can get it done tonight.

      Don

      On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken.  I will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.

      Don

      On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

      I can confirm that WUHU_Tweet is still not working after more than 38 hours.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

      > Further to my previous message, I notice that the two other Twitter accounts I mentioned have since updated multiple messages for the current day and now seem to be up-to-date.
      >
      > I will reactivate the WUHU_Tweet line in my action file tonight (AU time) and see if the problem persists and advise.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
      > >
      > > G'day from down-under.
      > >
      > > My WUHU_tweet, which has sent over 230,000 tweets to @werribeeweather suddenly stopped working about 30 hours ago. I can no longer send weather updates or a simple test message through WUHU_Tweet.
      > >
      > > My detective work reveals that the 2 of the Twitter accounts mentioned in the WUHU online manual, namely @winnetkaweather and @SanJoseWx, also stopped updating at a similar time.
      > >
      > > This leads me to conclude that something has changed at Twitter that is affecting WUHU_Tweet.
      > >
      > > Hoping that Don (@winnetkaweather) might be able to quickly resolve this problem.

    • Don Lafferty
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
        A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that fixes the problem we were having.  I will update everything this weekend but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of the yahoo group.

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
          Oh yeah, you will need to make sure you are running .NET 3.5 at least.  This will no longer work on a Windows 2000 machine.

          On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
          A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that fixes the problem we were having.  I will update everything this weekend but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of the yahoo group.

          On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
          I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet.  I will see if I can get it done tonight.

          Don

          On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
          The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken.  I will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.

          Don

          On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

          I can confirm that WUHU_Tweet is still not working after more than 38 hours.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

          > Further to my previous message, I notice that the two other Twitter accounts I mentioned have since updated multiple messages for the current day and now seem to be up-to-date.
          >
          > I will reactivate the WUHU_Tweet line in my action file tonight (AU time) and see if the problem persists and advise.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
          > >
          > > G'day from down-under.
          > >
          > > My WUHU_tweet, which has sent over 230,000 tweets to @werribeeweather suddenly stopped working about 30 hours ago. I can no longer send weather updates or a simple test message through WUHU_Tweet.
          > >
          > > My detective work reveals that the 2 of the Twitter accounts mentioned in the WUHU online manual, namely @winnetkaweather and @SanJoseWx, also stopped updating at a similar time.
          > >
          > > This leads me to conclude that something has changed at Twitter that is affecting WUHU_Tweet.
          > >
          > > Hoping that Don (@winnetkaweather) might be able to quickly resolve this problem.

        • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
            Thanks to all, I'm back up and running.

            //Kris

            @otiscolakewx
            fingerlakesweather.com

            On 06/13/2013 08:41 PM, Don Lafferty wrote:

            > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL
            > that fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this
            > weekend but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files
            > section of the yahoo group.
            >

            > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...
            > <mailto:don@...>> wrote:
            >
            > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement
            > for the old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I
            > will see if I can get it done tonight.
            >
            > Don
            >

            > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...
            > <mailto:don@...>> wrote:
            >
            > The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is
            > broken. I will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at
            > work until 5 pm PDT today.
            >
            > Don
            >

            > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408
            > <roadrunner2408@... <mailto:roadrunner2408@...>> wrote:
            >
            > __
            >
            > I can confirm that WUHU_Tweet is still not working after
            > more than 38 hours.

            > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Further to my previous message, I notice that the two
            > other Twitter accounts I mentioned have since updated
            > multiple messages for the current day and now seem to be
            > up-to-date.
            > >
            > > I will reactivate the WUHU_Tweet line in my action file
            > tonight (AU time) and see if the problem persists and advise.
            > >
            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > G'day from down-under.
            > > >
            > > > My WUHU_tweet, which has sent over 230,000 tweets to
            > @werribeeweather suddenly stopped working about 30 hours
            > ago. I can no longer send weather updates or a simple test
            > message through WUHU_Tweet.
            > > >
            > > > My detective work reveals that the 2 of the Twitter
            > accounts mentioned in the WUHU online manual, namely
            > @winnetkaweather and @SanJoseWx, also stopped updating at a
            > similar time.
            > > >
            > > > This leads me to conclude that something has changed at
            > Twitter that is affecting WUHU_Tweet.
            > > >
            > > > Hoping that Don (@winnetkaweather) might be able to
            > quickly resolve this problem.
            > > >

            > --
            > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they
            > start making something that doesn't suck.
            >

            > --
            > The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they
            > start making something that doesn't suck.
            >

            > --
            > making something that doesn't suck.

          • roadrunner2408
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
              Thanks for the speedy resolution Don. I'm eagerly looking forward to installing the updated files tonight after work and, hopefully, starting to tweet again.

              > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that
              > fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this weekend
              > but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of
              > the yahoo group.
              >

              > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the
              > > old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I will see if I can
              > > get it done tonight.
              > >
              > > Don
              > >

              > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken. I
              > >> will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.
              > >>
              > >> Don
              > >>

              > >> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...

              > >> --
              > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
              > >> making something that doesn't suck.
              > >>

              > > --
              > > making something that doesn't suck.
              > >

              > --
              > making something that doesn't suck.

            • scarabdrowner
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
                I can confirm that the new files do work. My station is tweeting again.

                Thanks Don!

                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                  @werribeeweather back up and running. Many thanks Don.

                  > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that
                  > fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this weekend
                  > but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of
                  > the yahoo group.
                  >

                  > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the
                  > > old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I will see if I can
                  > > get it done tonight.
                  > >
                  > > Don
                  > >

                  > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken. I
                  > >> will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.
                  > >>
                  > >> Don
                  > >>

                  > >> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...

                  > >> --
                  > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
                  > >> making something that doesn't suck.
                  > >>

                  > > --
                  > > making something that doesn't suck.
                  > >

                  > --
                  > making something that doesn't suck.

                • wstlb1975
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                    WUHU_Tweet wil not running after replace WUHU_Tweet and copy the new dll into the WUHU map.

                    When I double click on WUHU_Tweet.exe I found a new wuhu message on twitter.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                      If you got a new message then everything is setup correctly with WUHU_Tweet but you must have something wrong in WUHU that calls it.  You need to put it into your Actions.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                        Yes it's in my action file.
                        For the test i create an extra line with and no tweet after the action time.

                        I restart WUHU several times and now it works.

                        Thanks for the new DLL and WUHU_Tweet file.

                        > If you got a new message then everything is setup correctly with WUHU_Tweet
                        > but you must have something wrong in WUHU that calls it. You need to put
                        > it into your Actions.
                        >

                        > On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM, wstlb1975 <kareldboer@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **
                        > >

                        > > WUHU_Tweet wil not running after replace WUHU_Tweet and copy the new dll
                        > > into the WUHU map.
                        > >
                        > > When I double click on WUHU_Tweet.exe I found a new wuhu message on
                        > > twitter.
                        > >

                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408"
                        > > <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > @werribeeweather back up and running. Many thanks Don.

                        > > that
                        > > section of

                        > > for the
                        > > I can

                        > > broken. I
                        > > PDT today.

                        > > 38

                        > > Twitter
                        > > current

                        > > (AU

                        > > can no
                        > > WUHU_Tweet.

                        > > Twitter that

                        > > resolve

                        > > start

                        > --
                        > making something that doesn't suck.

                      • Chris R. Holt
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 18, 2013
                          Thanks for the quick fix Don! SanJoseWX is tweeting once again :)

                          Chris

                        • Don Lafferty
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 18, 2013
                            I need to update the install zip file still.  I should do that this weekend.

                            I'm so glad it was an easy fix and that Larry found the fix so quickly.

                            On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Chris R. Holt <crholt@...> wrote:

                            Thanks for the quick fix Don! SanJoseWX is tweeting once again :)

                            Chris

                          • saugeenweather
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
                              Hi Don,
                              Thanks again for your help. I got it up and running again quickly with your fix.
                              Cheers,
                              Stuart