Re: WUHU Tweet no longer working

  • wdepriest83
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
      Same here. The last WUHU_Tweet from my account was at 5pm EDT on 6/11.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

      > Further to my previous message, I notice that the two other Twitter accounts I mentioned have since updated multiple messages for the current day and now seem to be up-to-date.
      >
      > I will reactivate the WUHU_Tweet line in my action file tonight (AU time) and see if the problem persists and advise.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
      > >
      > > G'day from down-under.
      > >
      > > My WUHU_tweet, which has sent over 230,000 tweets to @werribeeweather suddenly stopped working about 30 hours ago. I can no longer send weather updates or a simple test message through WUHU_Tweet.
      > >
      > > My detective work reveals that the 2 of the Twitter accounts mentioned in the WUHU online manual, namely @winnetkaweather and @SanJoseWx, also stopped updating at a similar time.
      > >
      > > This leads me to conclude that something has changed at Twitter that is affecting WUHU_Tweet.
      > >
      > > Hoping that Don (@winnetkaweather) might be able to quickly resolve this problem.

    • roadrunner2408
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
        I can confirm that WUHU_Tweet is still not working after more than 38 hours.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

        > Further to my previous message, I notice that the two other Twitter accounts I mentioned have since updated multiple messages for the current day and now seem to be up-to-date.
        >
        > I will reactivate the WUHU_Tweet line in my action file tonight (AU time) and see if the problem persists and advise.
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
        > >
        > > G'day from down-under.
        > >
        > > My WUHU_tweet, which has sent over 230,000 tweets to @werribeeweather suddenly stopped working about 30 hours ago. I can no longer send weather updates or a simple test message through WUHU_Tweet.
        > >
        > > My detective work reveals that the 2 of the Twitter accounts mentioned in the WUHU online manual, namely @winnetkaweather and @SanJoseWx, also stopped updating at a similar time.
        > >
        > > This leads me to conclude that something has changed at Twitter that is affecting WUHU_Tweet.
        > >
        > > Hoping that Don (@winnetkaweather) might be able to quickly resolve this problem.

      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
          The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken.  I will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.

          Don

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
            I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet.  I will see if I can get it done tonight.

            Don

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
              A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that fixes the problem we were having.  I will update everything this weekend but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of the yahoo group.

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
                Oh yeah, you will need to make sure you are running .NET 3.5 at least.  This will no longer work on a Windows 2000 machine.

                On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that fixes the problem we were having.  I will update everything this weekend but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of the yahoo group.

                On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet.  I will see if I can get it done tonight.

                Don

                On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken.  I will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.

                Don

                On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

                I can confirm that WUHU_Tweet is still not working after more than 38 hours.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@...> wrote:

                > Further to my previous message, I notice that the two other Twitter accounts I mentioned have since updated multiple messages for the current day and now seem to be up-to-date.
                >
                > I will reactivate the WUHU_Tweet line in my action file tonight (AU time) and see if the problem persists and advise.
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408" <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
                > >
                > > G'day from down-under.
                > >
                > > My WUHU_tweet, which has sent over 230,000 tweets to @werribeeweather suddenly stopped working about 30 hours ago. I can no longer send weather updates or a simple test message through WUHU_Tweet.
                > >
                > > My detective work reveals that the 2 of the Twitter accounts mentioned in the WUHU online manual, namely @winnetkaweather and @SanJoseWx, also stopped updating at a similar time.
                > >
                > > This leads me to conclude that something has changed at Twitter that is affecting WUHU_Tweet.
                > >
                > > Hoping that Don (@winnetkaweather) might be able to quickly resolve this problem.

              • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
                  Thanks to all, I'm back up and running.

                  //Kris

                  @otiscolakewx
                  fingerlakesweather.com

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
                    Thanks for the speedy resolution Don. I'm eagerly looking forward to installing the updated files tonight after work and, hopefully, starting to tweet again.

                    > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that
                    > fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this weekend
                    > but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of
                    > the yahoo group.
                    >

                    > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the
                    > > old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I will see if I can
                    > > get it done tonight.
                    > >
                    > > Don
                    > >

                    > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken. I
                    > >> will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.
                    > >>
                    > >> Don
                    > >>

                    > >> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...

                    > >> --
                    > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
                    > >> making something that doesn't suck.
                    > >>

                    > > --
                    > > making something that doesn't suck.
                    > >

                    > --
                    > making something that doesn't suck.

                  • scarabdrowner
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 13, 2013
                      I can confirm that the new files do work. My station is tweeting again.

                      Thanks Don!

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                        @werribeeweather back up and running. Many thanks Don.

                        > A huge, huge thank you to Larry Myers for telling me about a new DLL that
                        > fixes the problem we were having. I will update everything this weekend
                        > but you can get the 2 files you need to fix it now in the files section of
                        > the yahoo group.
                        >

                        > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > I've done some searching and it looks like there is a replacement for the
                        > > old DLL but it will require that I update WUHU_Tweet. I will see if I can
                        > > get it done tonight.
                        > >
                        > > Don
                        > >

                        > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> The problem is the DLL that I use (written by someone else) is broken. I
                        > >> will attempt to figure out a solution but I am at work until 5 pm PDT today.
                        > >>
                        > >> Don
                        > >>

                        > >> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:07 AM, roadrunner2408 <roadrunner2408@...

                        > >> --
                        > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
                        > >> making something that doesn't suck.
                        > >>

                        > > --
                        > > making something that doesn't suck.
                        > >

                        > --
                        > making something that doesn't suck.

                      • wstlb1975
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                          WUHU_Tweet wil not running after replace WUHU_Tweet and copy the new dll into the WUHU map.

                          When I double click on WUHU_Tweet.exe I found a new wuhu message on twitter.

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                            If you got a new message then everything is setup correctly with WUHU_Tweet but you must have something wrong in WUHU that calls it.  You need to put it into your Actions.

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 14, 2013
                              Yes it's in my action file.
                              For the test i create an extra line with and no tweet after the action time.

                              I restart WUHU several times and now it works.

                              Thanks for the new DLL and WUHU_Tweet file.

                              > If you got a new message then everything is setup correctly with WUHU_Tweet
                              > but you must have something wrong in WUHU that calls it. You need to put
                              > it into your Actions.
                              >

                              > On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM, wstlb1975 <kareldboer@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > WUHU_Tweet wil not running after replace WUHU_Tweet and copy the new dll
                              > > into the WUHU map.
                              > >
                              > > When I double click on WUHU_Tweet.exe I found a new wuhu message on
                              > > twitter.
                              > >

                              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "roadrunner2408"
                              > > <roadrunner2408@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > @werribeeweather back up and running. Many thanks Don.

                              > > that
                              > > section of

                              > > for the
                              > > I can

                              > > broken. I
                              > > PDT today.

                              > > 38

                              > > Twitter
                              > > current

                              > > (AU

                              > > can no
                              > > WUHU_Tweet.

                              > > Twitter that

                              > > resolve

                              > > start

                              > --
                              > making something that doesn't suck.

                            • Chris R. Holt
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 18, 2013
                                Thanks for the quick fix Don! SanJoseWX is tweeting once again :)

                                Chris

                              • Don Lafferty
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 18, 2013
                                  I need to update the install zip file still.  I should do that this weekend.

                                  I'm so glad it was an easy fix and that Larry found the fix so quickly.

                                  On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Chris R. Holt <crholt@...> wrote:

                                  Thanks for the quick fix Don! SanJoseWX is tweeting once again :)

                                  Chris

                                • saugeenweather
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 19, 2013
                                    Hi Don,
                                    Thanks again for your help. I got it up and running again quickly with your fix.
                                    Cheers,
                                    Stuart