Re: [wuhu_software_group] Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieve

  • H. Smith
    Message 1 of 22 , May 29, 2013

      Is this USB to serial adapter new?

      The WS-36XX relies heavily on high speed hardware handshaking for communications.

      Many of the cheaper USB to serial adapters do not support the handshake lines at all (no wires even connected).

      Did you use a USB to a serial adapter on the Vista machine?

      You can buy a PCI express serial card relatively cheaply.

      In the case of the WS-36xx, I would recommend a real serial port where possible.