Minimum requirements...

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2013

      I have a LaCrosse 2812U-IT weather station. After a rebuild and reconfiguration of my PC (Win7-64), I want to get back up and on the Internet.

      There’s no question about running WUHU: that’s a definite decision. But what other software do I have to run? Do I HAVE to run “Heavy Weather?” or what? How else can I get the data file that WUHU needs to upload to Wunderground, et. al.?

    • Don Lafferty
      Message 2 of 7 , May 28, 2013
        You can use WUHU in Serial mode and then you don't have to run anything else.

        On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Bob <bobmac1547@...> wrote:

        I have a LaCrosse 2812U-IT weather station. After a rebuild and reconfiguration of my PC (Win7-64), I want to get back up and on the Internet.

        There’s no question about running WUHU: that’s a definite decision. But what other software do I have to run? Do I HAVE to run “Heavy Weather?” or what? How else can I get the data file that WUHU needs to upload to Wunderground, et. al.?

      • Han Brouwer-Keij
        Message 3 of 7 , May 29, 2013
          I use WUHU in serial mode but I had to run HaevyWeather Pro WS2800 to update the history.dat file. Is there a way to read the history from WUHU?

           On 29-5-2013 2:32, Don Lafferty wrote:

          You can use WUHU in Serial mode and then you don't have to run anything else.

          On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Bob <bobmac1547@...> wrote:

          I have a LaCrosse 2812U-IT weather station. After a rebuild and reconfiguration of my PC (Win7-64), I want to get back up and on the Internet.

          There’s no question about running WUHU: that’s a definite decision. But what other software do I have to run? Do I HAVE to run “Heavy Weather?” or what? How else can I get the data file that WUHU needs to upload to Wunderground, et. al.?

          Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
          Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
          Versie: 2013.0.3343 / Virusdatabase: 3184/6364 - datum van uitgifte: 05/28/13

          Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
          Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
          Versie: 2013.0.3343 / Virusdatabase: 3184/6365 - datum van uitgifte: 05/28/13

          Message 4 of 7 , May 29, 2013
            The WS28xx stations are supported in currdat.LST monitoring mode only.

            The HeavyWeather Pro application does not communicate with the station directly. It communicates indirectly through a Windows service called W5Communication.

            I believe that the service continues to update the currdat.lst file even when HW Pro is not running. My recollection is that the data collection (and currdat.LST update) might be quicker when HW Pro is running versus when it is not.

            There is no way to import the old history.dat but you should be able to chart the data using the History button. WUHU can be configured to write a history.dat file in the same HW Pro format. See general settings.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 29, 2013

              > You can use WUHU in Serial mode and then you don't have to run anything else.

              Sorry for the newbie question, but what do you mean by “Serial mode?” I use a LaCrosse USB antenna to receive the data from the wall-hung console.

              Thanks...

              BobMac

              bobmac1547@...

            • Don Lafferty
              Message 6 of 7 , May 29, 2013
                Apparently your console won't work in Serial mode.  You'll need to do what Heath suggested.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2013

                  Thanks for all the great info and quick responses…

                  Thanks...

                  BobMac

                  bobmac1547@...