Re: Sporadic Action File "On Weather Upload"

  • marcelcanine
    Message 1 of 37 , May 19, 2013
      I still can't tell exactly what you are doing. It appears that you have a VUE with a USB logger and are using it in USB mode. Davis says in their instructions that this will only work with Weather Link software. If you are using the VUE with WUHU per the instructions on page 14 and 15 of the Weather Link manual you must remove the USB drivers and run the console in serial mode even though it is a USB logger using the USB cable. That is the way I do it and it is rock solid.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

      > I'm shocked but my issues continue. I have On Weather Update checked (for
      > every update), and while it works about half the time, there are times with
      > a 5 minute data dropout or data intervals become 30 seconds. I thought the
      > driver update was the answer. Also my cpu resources appear fine (cpu, hard
      > drive, bandwidth, etc). And we seemed to rule out anything in my action
      > file as I had them all commented out yesterday (and also unchecked too).
      >
      > Any other ideas??
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve
      >

      > On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM, John Liss <john@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Lol
      > >
      > > Yup I would say there was a few bugs they fixed directly related to the
      > > freeze ups.
      > >
      > > :)
      > >
      > > On May 18, 2013, at 9:08 PM, "Steve Rogowski" <steve.rogowski@...>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > Nevermind, I figured it out! My driver was from 2008 (version 5.3). I
      > > downloaded and installed version 6.6.1 from Dec 2012. Here are the bug
      > > fixes since my last version, anything of interest???
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Steve
      > >
      > > CP210x Windows Driver Revision History
      > > --------------------------------------
      > >
      > > version 6.6.1
      > > New features/Enhancements
      > > -------------------------
      > > Added support for CP2108 devices
      > >
      > > Corrections
      > > -----------
      > > Corrected bug where OS would hang on repitition of many rapid open/closes
      > > on
      > > certain systems.
      > >
      > > version 6.6
      > > New features/Enhancements
      > > -------------------------
      > > Moving installer format to DPInst
      > > Supported under Windows 8
      > >
      > > Corrections
      > > -----------
      > > Corrected bug in total write timeout calculation
      > > Corrected bug where EV_BREAK event could be misreported based on incoming
      > > data
      > > Corrected another BSOD corner case regarding write cancellation
      > >
      > > version 6.5.3
      > > Corrections
      > > -----------
      > > Corrected BSOD corner case for a write cancellation
      > >
      > > Corrected memory leak that occurs when a device is plugged/unplugged
      > > rapidly enough to
      > > allow driver startup function to fail
      > >
      > > version 6.5
      > > Corrections
      > > -----------
      > > Corrected BSOD corner case issue for handling control requests
      > >
      > > Corrected issue where USB 3.0 hubs would deliver data to the driver out
      > > of order
      > >
      > > version 6.4
      > > Corrections
      > > -----------
      > > Corrected multiple BSOD issues by updating request handling for control
> [...]
    • nwschi80
      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2013
        RESOLVED!! (I think)

        WUHU has been running like a champ for the last 15 hours, on each Weather Update (yes I know, but I love data). I still write to both files, execute my original action file (plus more scripts now), and upload to WUnderground (including RapidFire) and CWOP.

        Control Panel (classic view)-->System-->Device Manager. Found My new driver for the COM port-->Properties-->Port Settings. I did the following 3 things at the same time...

        1) Increased Baud rate from 9600 to 128000
        2) Changed Flow Control to Hardware

        On the Power Management Tab...
        3) Unchecked allow cpu to turn off device to save power.

        That was it. WUHU has been humming ever since then.

        Thanks all for your help!!