Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Sporadic Action File "On Weather Upload"

  • Steve Rogowski
    Message 1 of 37 , May 18, 2013
      Ok. How do I go about deleting my current USB bridge driver and re-installing a new one?

      Thanks,
      Steve

      On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      When the thread runs to process the On weather updates, and you have nothing in the file other than comments, the only thing that is going to happen is a few reads from a file and nothing else.

      I would suspect the USB bridge driver.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

      > I did, thanks. But why would that affect the run with On History Weather
      > checked on (with action file commented out) and not On History Weather when
      > its checked off? I repeated the experiment and came up with 954 updates
      > when checked off, vs. 799 when checked on and action file commented out (a
      > 16% difference).
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve
      >

      > On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM, justaguy_brighton_mi <
      > justaguy_brighton_mi@...> wrote:
      >

      > > It is difficult to draw conclusions from just a couple of runs.
      > >
      > > Did you get my message about using the serial bridge that came with
      > > Weatherlink and not the other one you have installed?
      > >
      > > If I had to guess, this bridge you are using has a bug.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Steve Rogowski
      > > <steve.rogowski@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I commented out one item at a time in my action file (using ";") and each
      > > > time had the same issue. I am doing On Weather Update every 8 seconds. I
      > > > ended up commenting out every line in the action file with no luck.
      > > >
      > > > I ran 1 hour with On Weather Update unchecked (only uploading to
      > > > WUnderground and CWOP) and it produced 1390 updates on the GUI. When I
      > > ran
      > > > 1 hour in the same configuration with On Weather Update checked (and
      > > every
      > > > item in my action file commented out), it only updated 827 times. I lost
      > > 40
      > > > percent of data during this period.
      > > >
      > > > I can verify that my action file was not executing when commented out as
      > > > the log file did not show my webservice or FTP.
      > > >
      > > > Steve

    • nwschi80
      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2013
        RESOLVED!! (I think)

        WUHU has been running like a champ for the last 15 hours, on each Weather Update (yes I know, but I love data). I still write to both files, execute my original action file (plus more scripts now), and upload to WUnderground (including RapidFire) and CWOP.

        Control Panel (classic view)-->System-->Device Manager. Found My new driver for the COM port-->Properties-->Port Settings. I did the following 3 things at the same time...

        1) Increased Baud rate from 9600 to 128000
        2) Changed Flow Control to Hardware

        On the Power Management Tab...
        3) Unchecked allow cpu to turn off device to save power.

        That was it. WUHU has been humming ever since then.

        Thanks all for your help!!