Re: Sporadic Action File "On Weather Upload"

  • Rogo
    Message 1 of 37 , May 18, 2013
      I watched the log file carefully, here is what is happening. I should note I backed my action file down to every minute. Again it goes fine for a while until WUHU freezes. I havent removed my action file yet as it would make monitoring much harder.

      On main WUHU display, the update counter on the bottom left stops counting. The log file shows weather undeground updates continue (data does not change on rapid fire though), but my XML data file does not update. I believe this is because my script fires on weather update and there of course is not an update.

      Then a few minutes later, WUHU updates counter begins again. What I discovered is the next ob that comes across on my XML file is the one from several minutes prior (old data). Then each new ob that comes across is new again. This is the same issue I had when doing my action file every weather update, every 10s, every 15s, every 30s and now every minute. I will try every 5 min next.

      Do you have any advice how to monitor this situation after I disable my action file (other than staring at WUHU updates counter)?

      Thanks,

      > The program is multi-threaded. When the main data collection thread needs to update the current readings, it must acquire a critical section to do so.
      >
      > The same is probably true for the user interface thread.
      >
      > There should never be a hold up between the threads and that is why I want you to isolate the problem by removing one thing at a time from your action list to determine where the problem is.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rogo" <steve.rogowski@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I should add that when my data is not uploading at my desired rate (or at all), not only is the WUHU program frozen, but even if I dont touch the display, the Updates counter does not increase. Does this indicate the issue may be my usb port since the program is not processing a new ob?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Steve

    • nwschi80
      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2013
        RESOLVED!! (I think)

        WUHU has been running like a champ for the last 15 hours, on each Weather Update (yes I know, but I love data). I still write to both files, execute my original action file (plus more scripts now), and upload to WUnderground (including RapidFire) and CWOP.

        Control Panel (classic view)-->System-->Device Manager. Found My new driver for the COM port-->Properties-->Port Settings. I did the following 3 things at the same time...

        1) Increased Baud rate from 9600 to 128000
        2) Changed Flow Control to Hardware

        On the Power Management Tab...
        3) Unchecked allow cpu to turn off device to save power.

        That was it. WUHU has been humming ever since then.

        Thanks all for your help!!