Radio Icon

  • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006

      As you know yesterday, my radio icon disappeared again during our stormy weather.  It re-appeared overnight, and in doing so upgraded the time to daylight savings time.  With the sunny morning, the icon is still visible.  Is that weird or is that weird?

      Jeff L.

      The Wilton Weather Guy

    • markhkelley
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
        Hey Jeff,
        How'd you folks fare with the stormy weather? Over here in Michigan,
        we are supposed to get some nasty stuff this evening. I like watching
        the system capture data as the storm progresses into and through the
        area.
        Mark+
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
          Hey Mark,
          Not sure how they made out in Maine, I am sure Jeff will let us know.
          As for NH the 1st wave came through, was a very narrow strip had some
          rain and some wind, that was all here. There were some spot
          thunderstorms in the area, nothing much. The temps dropped so quickly
          after the 1st wave there was not enough heat left to build up
          anything, again just some light rain withthe 2nd wave. I only
          received .10 rain. Not nearly enough to make an impact. With the dry
          air and windy conditions today, we are ripe for more brush fires.
          Tuesdays storm could be interesting as we could get some snow. Tough
          call at this point.
          Sure didn't get much in March.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
            Jeff, no icon here at all !!!!

            Steve
          • Juha Jäntti
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey C. Le Doux"
              <jefcled@...> wrote:

              > With the sunny morning, the icon is still visible.
              > Is that weird or is that weird?

              Well... Not exactly weird, The icon is set to stay visible until the
              next night time sync. It's meant to stay there so you can figure if
              the time sync was successful or not.

              On European models the same happens with the German DCF77 time sync
              signal.

              Best Regards,
              Juha
              ----------------------------
              AWEKAS: Helsinki, Kannelmäki
              CWOP : CW4473
              W.U. : IUUSIMAA2
            • elton2861
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
                WOW,
                I just looked at the Wichita, Kansas Radar. Look what headed my way.

                Thunderstorms!!! A big cluster.

                Elton
                CW9423