Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Sporadic Action File "On Weather Upload"

  • Han Brouwer-Keij
    Message 1 of 37 , May 17 11:25 PM
      600 = 10 mins :-)

      Han

      On 18-5-2013 3:34, H. Smith wrote:

      1) No, the action file processing has nothing to do with communication with the station.
      2) I would upload every 5 minutes or so. If you have a Davis, do you really need to upload every 2.5 seconds?
      3a) The repetitions and seconds are for audio alerts you can play for any of the alarms. You would not use this on a weather update.
      3b) Update seconds allows you to limit the execution of the on update weather event, in seconds. 600=5 mins.
      4) "No faster than".

      Message 37 of 37 , May 20 2:50 PM
        RESOLVED!! (I think)

        WUHU has been running like a champ for the last 15 hours, on each Weather Update (yes I know, but I love data). I still write to both files, execute my original action file (plus more scripts now), and upload to WUnderground (including RapidFire) and CWOP.

        Control Panel (classic view)-->System-->Device Manager. Found My new driver for the COM port-->Properties-->Port Settings. I did the following 3 things at the same time...

        1) Increased Baud rate from 9600 to 128000
        2) Changed Flow Control to Hardware

        On the Power Management Tab...
        3) Unchecked allow cpu to turn off device to save power.

        That was it. WUHU has been humming ever since then.

        Thanks all for your help!!