Re: Sporadic Action File "On Weather Upload"

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 37 , May 16, 2013
      I know we all have an unhealthy relationship with Rapid Fire since WU introduced it.

      Weather isn't an event that goes from freezing to boiling in milliseconds.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rogo" <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

      > My Action file is supposed to fire on weather update. Sometimes it does (every 3-5 seconds), other times there is a big lull in data, or data only comes in twice a minute. Shouldn't WUHU be updating every 2.5 seconds like my Davis weather station does?
      >
      > I posted a sample chart (T/Td/Humidity) to a new photo album called Rogo. I thought it was an excellent visual example of my data reliability issues with WUHU. The chart is created with live updates of a XML file that my action file converts from template and uploads via FTP each time an update is created by WUHU.
      >
      > The chart example shows data coming in every 3-8 seconds pretty reliably for a bit. Then, a long data lapse. Then data is available only every 30 seconds or so. I can attest that when this occurs, WUHU software is very unresponsive. I dont even chart in WUHU now, just the basic data display. Try to move the display or open setup (etc) and it freezes.
      >
      > Anyways I am trying to get a feel for how often "On Weather Update" should fire an action script. Is it every 2.5 seconds (Davis updates) or a different duration? Could the lapses in data update coincident with unresponsive WUHU GUI indicate an issue with the program?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve (Rogo)

    • nwschi80
      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2013
        RESOLVED!! (I think)

        WUHU has been running like a champ for the last 15 hours, on each Weather Update (yes I know, but I love data). I still write to both files, execute my original action file (plus more scripts now), and upload to WUnderground (including RapidFire) and CWOP.

        Control Panel (classic view)-->System-->Device Manager. Found My new driver for the COM port-->Properties-->Port Settings. I did the following 3 things at the same time...

        1) Increased Baud rate from 9600 to 128000
        2) Changed Flow Control to Hardware

        On the Power Management Tab...
        3) Unchecked allow cpu to turn off device to save power.

        That was it. WUHU has been humming ever since then.

        Thanks all for your help!!