Re: Why WUHU uploading 5 times in a row?

  • Rogo
    Message 1 of 37 , May 15, 2013
      Works perfectly John, thanks!

      Steve (Rogo)

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

      > How I do it:
      >
      > In the actionfile.txt
      > http://www.someplace.com/webservice/collector.php?t=%OutdoorTempDegF%&h=%OutdoorHumidity%
      >
      > The collector.php looks like:
      >
      > <?php
      > $error = false; // Assume we don't have errors
      >
      > // Get Outdoor Temp
      > if(!empty($_GET["t"])) {
      > $OutdoorTemp = $_GET["t"];
      >
      > // Do stuff here with OutdoorTemp
      >
      > } else {
      > //If $_GET["t"] empty toss error
      > $error = true;
      > $errmsg = "Null OutdoorTemp\n\r";
      > }
      >
      > // Get Outdoor Humidity
      > if(!empty($_GET["h"])) {
      > $OutdoorHumidity = $_GET["h"];
      >
      > //Do stuff here for Outdoor Humidity
      >
      > } else {
      > //If $_GET["h"] empty toss error
      > $error = true;
      > // Concat any prior errors
      > $errmsg = $errmsg."Null Outdoor Humidity\n\r";
      > }
      >
      > // .. do other variables as needed
      >
      > if ($error) {
      > // Error is true; return results of error message:
      > echo "Error:\n\r$errmsg";
      > } else {
      > // Error is false; return success so wuhu knows we got the data.
      > echo "success";
      > }
      > ?>
      >

      > You need to add the last part where you are actually displaying the error or success.
      >
      > You will then see the error message; or success inside WUHUs log.
      > -John

    • nwschi80
      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2013
        RESOLVED!! (I think)

        WUHU has been running like a champ for the last 15 hours, on each Weather Update (yes I know, but I love data). I still write to both files, execute my original action file (plus more scripts now), and upload to WUnderground (including RapidFire) and CWOP.

        Control Panel (classic view)-->System-->Device Manager. Found My new driver for the COM port-->Properties-->Port Settings. I did the following 3 things at the same time...

        1) Increased Baud rate from 9600 to 128000
        2) Changed Flow Control to Hardware

        On the Power Management Tab...
        3) Unchecked allow cpu to turn off device to save power.

        That was it. WUHU has been humming ever since then.

        Thanks all for your help!!