New to WUHU with a Problem

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 11 , May 11 3:06 PM
      I have had my Lacrosse 2310 for a long while and have run various programs. I installed WUHU on a netbook but the it keeps crashing. I tried to install it on a Win 7 laptop, HP. It will not install. I click intall.exe had it ask the normal questions, do you want to install etc, then nothing. I reboot in safe mode and still same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12 4:36 AM
        The problem with the installer happens when you click the install.exe and nothing happens. If you check the task list the install.exe process is there but nothing happens.

        If you made it through the install to the point where it copies files etc, then the software is probably installed. There should be a shortcut to the program in your Start Up folder.

        Look for the icon on the tray with a "W" in it. Click it to bring up the user interface.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 12 4:46 AM
          Thanks for the response. The install.exe does nothing other than ask the questions about making changes to you computer. It is not installing and the control console isn't there. I just went in and ran msconfig and shut off all programs on start up and then again ran the install in safe mode. Still no go. Thanks. Jim

          > The problem with the installer happens when you click the install.exe and nothing happens. If you check the task list the install.exe process is there but nothing happens.
          >
          > If you made it through the install to the point where it copies files etc, then the software is probably installed. There should be a shortcut to the program in your Start Up folder.
          >
          > Look for the icon on the tray with a "W" in it. Click it to bring up the user interface.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim " <redidbull@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have had my Lacrosse 2310 for a long while and have run various programs. I installed WUHU on a netbook but the it keeps crashing. I tried to install it on a Win 7 laptop, HP. It will not install. I click intall.exe had it ask the normal questions, do you want to install etc, then nothing. I reboot in safe mode and still same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

        • Han Brouwer-Keij
          Message 4 of 11 , May 12 6:14 AM
          Have you read this manual (attachment)?

          greatings,
          Han

          On 12-5-2013 13:46, Jim wrote:

          Thanks for the response. The install.exe does nothing other than ask the questions about making changes to you computer. It is not installing and the control console isn't there. I just went in and ran msconfig and shut off all programs on start up and then again ran the install in safe mode. Still no go. Thanks. Jim

          > The problem with the installer happens when you click the install.exe and nothing happens. If you check the task list the install.exe process is there but nothing happens.
          >
          > If you made it through the install to the point where it copies files etc, then the software is probably installed. There should be a shortcut to the program in your Start Up folder.
          >
          > Look for the icon on the tray with a "W" in it. Click it to bring up the user interface.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim " <redidbull@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have had my Lacrosse 2310 for a long while and have run various programs. I installed WUHU on a netbook but the it keeps crashing. I tried to install it on a Win 7 laptop, HP. It will not install. I click intall.exe had it ask the normal questions, do you want to install etc, then nothing. I reboot in safe mode and still same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

          Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
          Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
          Versie: 2013.0.3336 / Virusdatabase: 3162/6317 - datum van uitgifte: 05/11/13

        • Jim
          Message 5 of 11 , May 12 7:28 AM
            Thanks. I had not read that. I did find the problem. For some reason opening the program in peazip was the problem. I right clicked and opened it in windoes explorer and it went in no problem. It is almost like the program preventing WUHU to run was the program used to open it. Thanks for the help. My station is: [url]http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=41.208%2C-73.150&sp=KCTSTRAT3[url/]

            Message 6 of 11 , May 12 2:15 PM

              I was looking over your station history . It looks like your console is generated bad wind data.

              Under the tweak screen you can reject wind speeds above say 50 mph. That should eliminate the bad wind readings.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim " wrote:

              > Thanks. I had not read that. I did find the problem. For some reason opening the program in peazip was the problem. I right clicked and opened it in windoes explorer and it went in no problem. It is almost like the program preventing WUHU to run was the program used to open it. Thanks for the help. My station is: [url]http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=41.208%2C-73.150&sp=KCTSTRAT3[url/]
              >
              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Han Brouwer-Keij han.brouwer-keij@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Have you read this manual (attachment)?
              > >
              > > greatings,
              > > Han
              > >
              > > On 12-5-2013 13:46, Jim wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for the response. The install.exe does nothing other than ask
              > > > the questions about making changes to you computer. It is not
              > > > installing and the control console isn't there. I just went in and ran
              > > > msconfig and shut off all programs on start up and then again ran the
              > > > install in safe mode. Still no go. Thanks. Jim
              > > >
              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
              > > > , "wuhu_software"

              > > > install.exe and nothing happens. If you check the task list the
              > > > install.exe process is there but nothing happens.

              > > > files etc, then the software is probably installed. There should be a
              > > > shortcut to the program in your Start Up folder.

              > > > the user interface.

              > > > programs. I installed WUHU on a netbook but the it keeps crashing. I
              > > > tried to install it on a Win 7 laptop, HP. It will not install. I
              > > > click intall.exe had it ask the normal questions, do you want to
              > > > install etc, then nothing. I reboot in safe mode and still same thing.
              > > > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
              > > > > >

              > > > Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
              > > > Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
              > > > Versie: 2013.0.3336 / Virusdatabase: 3162/6317 - datum van uitgifte:
              > > > 05/11/13

            • Jim
              Message 7 of 11 , May 13 3:40 AM
                The bad readings are while running Cumulus which is one of the reasons I want to switch to WUHU. WUHU was running great but after a couple hours I again am having the same issue as I was having on the net book. The computer will reboot saying the computer has recovered from an unexpected problem. I thought the netbook problem was not enough mem but this computer has 3gig. Any ideas? Thanks. Jim

                > I was looking over your station history
                > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCTSTR\
                > AT3> . It looks like your console is generated bad wind data.
                > Under the tweak screen you can reject wind speeds above say 50 mph. That
                > should eliminate the bad wind readings.
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jim " wrote:
                > >
                > > Thanks. I had not read that. I did find the problem. For some reason
                > opening the program in peazip was the problem. I right clicked and
                > opened it in windoes explorer and it went in no problem. It is almost
                > like the program preventing WUHU to run was the program used to open it.
                > Thanks for the help. My station is:
                > [url]http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=4\
                > 1.208%2C-73.150&sp=KCTSTRAT3[url/]
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Han Brouwer-Keij
                > han.brouwer-keij@ wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Have you read this manual (attachment)?
                > > >
                > > > greatings,
                > > > Han

                > ask
                > ran
                > the

                > be a

                > bring up

                > various
                > thing.

                > uitgifte:

              • Don Lafferty
                Message 8 of 11 , May 13 6:03 AM
                  WUHU has one of the smallest footprints of any software I use.  What other programs do you have running that were also running on your other machine?

                  I've had WUHU on several different machines for many years and it's never caused any problems.

                  Don

                • James
                  Message 9 of 11 , May 13 6:53 AM
                    Just Heavy weather and and AVG anti virus. I will make sure that is all. Thanks. Jim

                    > WUHU has one of the smallest footprints of any software I use. What other
                    > programs do you have running that were also running on your other machine?
                    >
                    > I've had WUHU on several different machines for many years and it's never
                    > caused any problems.
                    >
                    > Don
                    >

                    > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Jim <redidbull@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > The bad readings are while running Cumulus which is one of the reasons I
                    > > want to switch to WUHU. WUHU was running great but after a couple hours I
                    > > again am having the same issue as I was having on the net book. The
                    > > computer will reboot saying the computer has recovered from an unexpected
                    > > problem. I thought the netbook problem was not enough mem but this computer
                    > > has 3gig. Any ideas? Thanks. Jim

                    > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > I was looking over your station history
                    > > > <
                    > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCTSTR\
                    > > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCTSTR>>
                    > > AT3> . It looks like your console is generated bad wind data.
                    > > > Under the tweak screen you can reject wind speeds above say 50 mph. That
                    > > > should eliminate the bad wind readings.

                    > > > opening the program in peazip was the problem. I right clicked and
                    > > > opened it in windoes explorer and it went in no problem. It is almost
                    > > > like the program preventing WUHU to run was the program used to open it.
                    > > > Thanks for the help. My station is:
                    > > > [url]
                    > > http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=4\
                    > > <http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=4>>
                    > > 1.208%2C-73.150&sp=KCTSTRAT3[url/]

                    > > > ask
                    > > > ran
                    > > > the

                    > > > be a

                    > > > bring up

                    > > > various
                    > > > thing.

                    > > > uitgifte:
                    > > > > > >

                    > --
                    > making something that doesn't suck.

                  • James
                    Message 10 of 11 , May 13 8:11 AM
                      I am running heavy weather and AVG definitely not sure if anything else. Netbook is running XP, laptop Win7. Thanks. Jim

                      > WUHU has one of the smallest footprints of any software I use. What other
                      > programs do you have running that were also running on your other machine?
                      >
                      > I've had WUHU on several different machines for many years and it's never
                      > caused any problems.
                      >
                      > Don
                      >

                      > On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Jim <redidbull@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > The bad readings are while running Cumulus which is one of the reasons I
                      > > want to switch to WUHU. WUHU was running great but after a couple hours I
                      > > again am having the same issue as I was having on the net book. The
                      > > computer will reboot saying the computer has recovered from an unexpected
                      > > problem. I thought the netbook problem was not enough mem but this computer
                      > > has 3gig. Any ideas? Thanks. Jim

                      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > I was looking over your station history
                      > > > <
                      > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCTSTR\
                      > > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCTSTR>>
                      > > AT3> . It looks like your console is generated bad wind data.
                      > > > Under the tweak screen you can reject wind speeds above say 50 mph. That
                      > > > should eliminate the bad wind readings.

                      > > > opening the program in peazip was the problem. I right clicked and
                      > > > opened it in windoes explorer and it went in no problem. It is almost
                      > > > like the program preventing WUHU to run was the program used to open it.
                      > > > Thanks for the help. My station is:
                      > > > [url]
                      > > http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=4\
                      > > <http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=4>>
                      > > 1.208%2C-73.150&sp=KCTSTRAT3[url/]

                      > > > ask
                      > > > ran
                      > > > the

                      > > > be a

                      > > > bring up

                      > > > various
                      > > > thing.

                      > > > uitgifte:
                      > > > > > >

                      > --
                      > making something that doesn't suck.

                    • GW
                      Message 11 of 11 , May 14 12:22 PM
                        Perhaps if you look in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer you can find what's causing your computer to reboot.