Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Request for NOAA climate record feature

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 103 , May 7, 2013
      Btw the next thing I'll probably do is incorporate Steves modifications.

      On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      Larry,

      Not sure something that only needs to run once a month would be a good candidate for an Action file.  We could certainly think of something else to help with what Steve is doing on his site but this isn't really it.

      Now on to better things.  I've updated the program and added some CSS.  The zip file now also has a CSS file in it.

      Run the program and create a web page then ftp it and the noaastyle.css to your web server and take a look at it.  Here's a link to mine.

      the link to the file is:

      Don

      On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Larry Myers <hometownnerd@...> wrote:

      This is awesome Don! Maybe make it so it could fire off via a command line, so if someone would want to use it in an action file they could do that. Just a thought, I am not sure if I would use that but I can see it could make an interesting way to make reports and then move them onto a server.

      Just a thought, and again this is awesome!

      Larry

    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12, 2013
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don