Re: Storm rain !

  • touristua
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      Hi! I think it useful only for observer, because most of weather sites (WU, Wbug, etc) show current conditions based on nearest professional weather station data (airport for example or NWS). I asked about it WU support and they answered to deploy current conditions from private stations in future.

      But I don't understand how it will be work, for example how to determine rain, storm and t-storm or "cloud" and "clear"...

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I don't know if this idea has already been discussed, but do you think it'll be usefull to have a StormRain measure ?
      > May be I'm wrong but listen : if the bucket (0.2mm equivalent) changed twice in 5 minutes, storm rain will be : 2 x 0.2 x 60 / 5 = 4.8 mm/h and rain1h = 0.4mm/h.
      >
      > Do you think my proposal useful ?

    • wdepriest83
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2013
        This is the exact thing I have been trying to display...the Current Rain Rate. The closest variable I could find is the 1 hour rain rate which is not what I am looking for.

        A current rain rate, like this (and like on the VP2 display) would be fantastic.