Storm rain !

  • pierre.casal
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      Hello,
      I don't know if this idea has already been discussed, but do you think it'll be usefull to have a StormRain measure ?
      May be I'm wrong but listen : if the bucket (0.2mm equivalent) changed twice in 5 minutes, storm rain will be : 2 x 0.2 x 60 / 5 = 4.8 mm/h and rain1h = 0.4mm/h.

      Do you think my proposal useful ?
    • touristua
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2013
        Hi! I think it useful only for observer, because most of weather sites (WU, Wbug, etc) show current conditions based on nearest professional weather station data (airport for example or NWS). I asked about it WU support and they answered to deploy current conditions from private stations in future.

        But I don't understand how it will be work, for example how to determine rain, storm and t-storm or "cloud" and "clear"...

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pierre.casal" <pcasal@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I don't know if this idea has already been discussed, but do you think it'll be usefull to have a StormRain measure ?
        > May be I'm wrong but listen : if the bucket (0.2mm equivalent) changed twice in 5 minutes, storm rain will be : 2 x 0.2 x 60 / 5 = 4.8 mm/h and rain1h = 0.4mm/h.
        >
        > Do you think my proposal useful ?

      • Viktor Shynkarenko
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2013

          Hi! I think it useful only for observer, because most of weather sites (WU, Wbug, etc) show current conditions based on nearest professional weather station data (airport for example or NWS). I asked about it WU support and they answered to deploy current conditions from private stations in future.

          But I don't understand how it will be work, for example how to determine rain, storm and t-storm or "cloud" and "clear"...

        • wdepriest83
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2013
            This is the exact thing I have been trying to display...the Current Rain Rate. The closest variable I could find is the 1 hour rain rate which is not what I am looking for.

            A current rain rate, like this (and like on the VP2 display) would be fantastic.