Wind Gusts

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      I had a wind gust of 15, the history shows now high wind gust 15 and
      high wind speed 15. Is that how it is supposed to work. Best that I
      can tell it was just a gust, no sustained. WU shows two entries in a
      row with a lower wind speed and a gust of 15 bith entries.

      Just curious.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        Steve,

        On the WS23XX series, there is no difference between wind speed and
        gust. There is one a single wind speed value returned. On the WS36xx it
        has both a wind speed and a wind gust value.

        The definition of gust (as defined by CWOP) is the highest wind speed
        over the past ten minutes.

        It is therefore possible that you might have a wind speed and a gust of
        the same value.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
          OK thanks,