Problem generating web pages - variable substitution not working

  • Joel Rosenzweig
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2013
      I'm a new WUHU user and just installed the latest version on Windows 7. I've followed all of the steps outlined in the tutorial that show how to enable web page creation. The web pages are created on a 5 minute interval, but, the html files are not being generated properly. The variables in the templates are not being replaced with their values. Instead, the web pages that are generated show the variable names themselves. Can anyone explain how to fix this?

      Also, the tutorial explains that I need to enable the generation of the file Currdat.lst. I've checked the boxes to enable that and the ini file settings, but I see no evidence that this file is being created anywhere on the file system. So I have a few questions about this:

      1) What does this file have to do with web page creation? Perhaps the data used to populate the html pages is stored in this file and then consumed by the web page creation routines to generate the html? Maybe?

      2) If this Currdat.lst is required, what else needs to be done to enable it other than checking the boxes and editing the .ini file as it says to do in the tutorial?

      3) Where in the file system does the Currdat.lst file go?

      Thanks for any help.

      Joel
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2013
        1) Yes.

        2 & 3) You can enter the path to the file, like C:\Temp\currdat.lst in the edit box. If the file is not created, the tags will not be replaced. Make sure you have the extended data check box checked.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Rosenzweig" <joel@...> wrote:

        > I'm a new WUHU user and just installed the latest version on Windows 7. I've followed all of the steps outlined in the tutorial that show how to enable web page creation. The web pages are created on a 5 minute interval, but, the html files are not being generated properly. The variables in the templates are not being replaced with their values. Instead, the web pages that are generated show the variable names themselves. Can anyone explain how to fix this?
        >
        > Also, the tutorial explains that I need to enable the generation of the file Currdat.lst. I've checked the boxes to enable that and the ini file settings, but I see no evidence that this file is being created anywhere on the file system. So I have a few questions about this:
        >
        > 1) What does this file have to do with web page creation? Perhaps the data used to populate the html pages is stored in this file and then consumed by the web page creation routines to generate the html? Maybe?
        >
        > 2) If this Currdat.lst is required, what else needs to be done to enable it other than checking the boxes and editing the .ini file as it says to do in the tutorial?
        >
        > 3) Where in the file system does the Currdat.lst file go?
        >
        > Thanks for any help.
        >
        > Joel

      • Joel Rosenzweig
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2013
          Perfect. That did the trick. Thank you.

          Perhaps edit that portion of the docs, and/or in the readme.txt with the templates archive to tell folks to provide a path and file name for this currdat.lst so that it is created. It was not at all clear that I needed to tell WUHU where to write this file because the docs don't say to do this. I expected that WUHU would write whatever file it needs wherever it needs to write it, presumably in its application path, once the boxes are checked to create it. No error in the log is generated that says "can't output currdat.lst, no path provided".

          Thanks for responding so quickly. It's working now like it should.

          Joel

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2013
            It might have created whatever you put in the edit box, probably in the "current working directory" on your machine. If there was a permissions problem errors should have been written to the log.

            The examples should probably use C:\Temp\Currdat.LST