Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Not uploading to WU?

  • Tony Randazzo
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 30, 2013
      Hello,
      Cannot be 100% sure, but there should be a search button located somewhere on your console.
      Press that and see if you begin to get readings.
      If not, I would do the next following steps.
      1. gather all equipment, including sensor (the unit that receives the signals from wind sensor, rain gauge, etc..)
      2. remove all batteries from units
      3. remove batteries from console, and unplug from wall if applicable.
      4. give it about 30 seconds before continuing.....
      5. Install batteries into console, then plug in wall (if applicable)
      6. reinstall batteries into: sensor 1st, then it doesn’t matter: rain gauge, wind sensor or wind sensor, then gauge...most important is console then sensor
      7. somewhere on the wind sensor, and rain gauge there should be a small hole that has the word RESET imprinted...using a paperclip or something similar in circumference, insert in hole and depress.
      8. after the above is done, press the search button on the console again.
      9. let me know if that worked for you

      Sincerely,
      Tony

      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 8:07 PM
      Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Not uploading to WU?

      I changed out all the batteries yesterday.
      How do I re-sync?

      --- In mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      > It
      looks like you need to re-sync your console with the sensors.

      You might check the batteries on the sensors while you are at it.

      atomicsgreg <weather@...>
      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com

      <weather@>

      alarms

      > > Mon Apr 29 15:42:45 2013 > Rain Sensor -
      Did not receive update within 300 seconds.
      > > Mon Apr 29 15:42:45 2013 > Outdoor Temperature and Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
      seconds.

      > > --- In
      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com, "H. Smith" <wuhu_software@> wrote:

      > > > I should have added, email me the
      Teamviewer info, wuhu_software at yahoo dot com.

      ________________________________
      <wuhu_software@>
      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com" <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>

      Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Not uploading to WU?

      > > > It looks like your station quit sending data on the 27th.
      > > >
      > > > If you install the latest Teamviewer and send me your
      Partner ID and password I can log in and take a look.

      ________________________________
      <weather@>

      ________________________________
      <weather@>

      ÃÆ'‚
      Rapid Fire sticker was working (up until a couple days ago). I wrote to WU and they say they have not received data since 4/27 at 10am which is when the RF sticker quit working.
      times and just can't find anything wrong. It just stopped

      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@> wrote:

> [...]
      console com. errors checked in the log screen.

      station.

      show up on your WU history page?

      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com, "atomicsgreg" <weather@> wrote:

> [...]
      my Rapid Fire box started showing "NA" on all it's data spots (on my webpage).

      suspect WU of having something hay-wire as it was working fine before.

      that look like this

      2013 > Received Packet: 0xff 0xff 0x0 0x0 0x51 0x2 0x0 0x0 0x20 0x0 0x71
      packet type: 0 and fully processed the packet.

      Mon Apr 29 07:28:25 2013 > Received header, packet type: 0, expected characters: 7.
      Received Packet: 0xff 0xff 0x0 0x0 0x52 0x2 0x0 0x0 0x20 0x0 0x72
      2013 > Received header, packet type: 2, expected characters: 5.
      2013 > Received packet type: 2 and fully processed the packet.
      2, expected characters: 5.
      2013 > Received Packet: 0xff 0xff 0x2 0x14 0x14 0x2 0x12 0x0 0x3c
      and fully processed the packet.

      me having the problem?

    • atomicsgreg
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 30, 2013
        I'm getting all the sensor data on the 968 unit (display) and it is relaying it into my computer via serial cable. I know this because I can see the info when I click on "Gauges"

        It's just not getting sent to WU for some reason or WU is screwed up and rejecting the info. Or something else.....?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Randazzo" <tony@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Cannot be 100% sure, but there should be a search button located somewhere on your console.
        > Press that and see if you begin to get readings.
        > If not, I would do the next following steps.
        > 1. gather all equipment, including sensor (the unit that receives the signals from wind sensor, rain gauge, etc..)
        > 2. remove all batteries from units
        > 3. remove batteries from console, and unplug from wall if applicable.
        > 4. give it about 30 seconds before continuing.....
        > 5. Install batteries into console, then plug in wall (if applicable)
        > 6. reinstall batteries into: sensor 1st, then it doesn’t matter: rain gauge, wind sensor or wind sensor, then gauge...most important is console then sensor
        > 7. somewhere on the wind sensor, and rain gauge there should be a small hole that has the word RESET imprinted...using a paperclip or something similar in circumference, insert in hole and depress.
        > 8. after the above is done, press the search button on the console again.
        > 9. let me know if that worked for you
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Tony
        > http://www.kbaam.com

      • dick_kf5sa
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 30, 2013
          How old is your installation? I have a three-year old WMR100 that periodically stops sending updates. The console still looks fine, just no data being sent via USB to the computer and the log fills up with the "no data in 300 secs" messages.

          I have to press Reset on the bottom of the console and sometimes even restart WUHU to get it going again. Of course I have then reset my rain statistics - very frustrating.

          I contacted Oregon Scientific tech support and they were no help at all.

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 30, 2013
            I have had it set up for about a year now