OT: editing emails

  • Edith
    Message 1 of 103 , Apr 26, 2013
      To clarify:
      I use either opera or firefox as my browser and read my email right there on the internet, without bringing it into another program like outlook or something similar. There are no tools to do too much there, like hiding text. When I reply, it hides the original text from me as I write, but it is still there after I hit send.
      Digest means that I get an email with the daily emails digested into one email. There will be up to 20 of the days emails, so it can be quite long.
      Hope that doesn't make things more muddy!
      Edith

      > I'm not sure what "directly off the Internet" means.
      >
      > I also don't know what you mean by digest.
      >
      > I use a web browser to log in to Gmail and that's how long reply strings
      > get hidden.
      >
      > Perhaps you use a mail reader instead of a browser?
      >
      > I tend to forget there are many people using technology that have low
      > bandwidth and are not using the same tools I use. Rather than wish people
      > would do what I want them to I just use tools that allow me to hide things
      > that annoy me.
      >
      > But I will attempt to keep the long chains to a minimum.
      >
      > Don
    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12, 2013
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don